What's new

Hellvape X Grimm Green X OhmBoyOC - Grimm Kit - Red and Black Carbon

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
This isn’t GRIMM…

One person who has always stood out in the vaping community is Grimm Green, the other is Ohmboy…why? They innovate they care, and they sure know how to bring new hardware to the scene. They Advocate well and are committed to the industry…What do you do with two guys like that? You give them Hellvape (Jean), she meets them, then bam this comes out…

resize_DSC_0006.JPG
resize_DSC_0007.JPG

Out the Box

The Grimm kit comes in many different colour options with Black or Carbon, the following colour options are; Black, White, Silver, Gunmetal, Red, Rainbow, Blue, and Purple. The kit retails at $62 and £50. This is a great price and a must for anyone who wants a pod system, as it is a pod killer and an awesome addition.

The 0.7ohm Mesh coils, which are replaceable…with a screw fixture. Also included is the 1.2ohm MTL coil which is a nice flavour. You can buy replacement pods and they are priced well.

A Micro USB for fast charging and it charges in no time. An Hellvape lanyard to hold the vape device, along with the 3ml pod

Always in the box is the user manuals along with a warranty card.

resize_DSC_0008.JPG

The Build

This pod is built very well and feels like a good construction. It’s much lighter than the predecessors. The pod is very easy to open and fill with a slide action cap it is a plastic construction but feels really well built. I thought I’d try and give it a vape after a shorter period only because I was intrigued…and wow it worked really well. I started off on 15w then gradually increased to 22w…she’s banging!!

The Hellvape is a regulated pod mod with many features for a small device which includes variable wattage and voltage modes. It gives the user the chance to see battery life along with puff counter and a nice bright screen. The features for this mod is very well and it’s a real banger of an AIO which for me is something else…

The Pod is a nice size at 3ml but it does require filling as the coil is thirsty, but I don’t mind this as its brilliant and the coils are lasting ages. This is a bonus. There has been no leaking with the pod only the odd condensation which occurs over the daily usage. This hasn’t affected the performance in the mod or read no coil attached like some AIO kits have most recently.

The device is small and takes very little time to charge 1hour max and after that its vape again so the charging time is really good. I’ve been taking it off charge as soon as it has finished, and it’s been lasting a day still. I did replace it with other mods just to see how I’d get on and I’m impressed. They have managed the airflow pretty well too which for me gives good flavour and cloud production.

Both the coils were great on flavour but the mesh stood out most with flying colours, this gave a good cloud, hit and an overall spot for me.

The 1.2ohm was wicked for MTL it seemed to be constant and lasting an age I did replace it back to the mesh as I had the most fun with that one…the mesh is still going strong after roughly 4 weeks.

resize_DSC_0009.JPG
resize_DSC_0011.JPG
resize_DSC_0012.JPG
resize_DSC_0015.JPG

resize_DSC_0013.JPG

Pros

· Amazing design

· Airflow control for both DTL and MTL

· Amazing flavour

· Amazing clouds

· Great coil longevity

· Variable wattage

· Nice size

· Good selection of colours

· Screen display

· Safety features

· Replaceable coils

Cons

· Ummm

· Ermmm

· None…

resize_DSC_0016.JPG

Conclude

So, pods are all that is out there at the moment, well-taking lead actually. But this one seems to know where its place is and that is in my top 3 for pods. I was a huge fan of the Orchid but that failed miserably, and I did get promised a replacement but that never materialised. So that has been taken out of my top pods…sorry! But then this beauty came along and ripped most to shreds. It is really a great piece of kit and it is very well thought of. Id hands down recommend this to any new vaper who is after ditching the cigs.

The question is would I buy it? I would buy all the colours, stock replacement coils just in case it got discontinued and then I would hope they would bring another new one out to keep the Grimm kit evolving. It is such a good piece of kit and I’m overwhelmed how they can get it right. Some people might see it is a hefty price, but this really isn’t it’s much more diverse than others and it has big names attached which helps it well.

resize_DSC_0010.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

Mod – Hellvape X Grimm Green X OhmboyOC – Grimm Kit – Red and Black Carbon Fibre
E-liquid – Dinnerlady – Lemon Sherbet Ice – 70/30 – 3mg
Coil – 0.7ohm Mesh coil Hellvape
Batteries – Built in battery 1200mAh

Thank you to Cara for providing this kit for the review

http://hellvape.com/kits/grimm-kit.html

Great review, I like the look of this bit pricey at the moment but it's been getting great reviews may have to pick one of these up at some point

was looking at one of these myself now its a definate thanks for the review

out of curiosoty was it the screen that failed on your orchid ?

Back
Top Bottom