What's new

FreeMax Twister 30w

BigCloud

Veteran
@Freemaxtech very kindly sent me this over for review.

The twister comes nicely presented and packaged in a smallish box with a picture of your device on the front specs and contents listed on one side along with the scratch and scan authentication code on the other.
Inside the box you will get the Twister 30w and the Fireluke 22mm Tank along with a spare 2ml glass for TPD, 3.5ml for non TPD
You will also get the instruction manual a bag of spare O-rings USB cable spare coil and a DTL drip tip.

IMG_3746.JPG

Specifications

Size 78.3 x 22 mm
Weight 78 grams
Internal Battery 1400mah / 1.5 Amp Fast Charge
Resistance Range 0.5 to 3.0 ohm
Wattage 7.5 to 30 watt (Twist to adjust)
Power Efficency 90%

Protections

Short circuit protection
Open Circuit Protection
Over-Charge Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Over-Heat Protection
Over Discharge Protection
Over-Time Protection
Overload Protection

The Twister is a very simple tube device, made from Zinc alloy and steel i believe, feels quite weighty in the hand at 78 grams and is very well built nice and solid on the front of the device you have the square power button which is the usual 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off which is nice and responsive with an LED display to indicate remaining battery life at a guess (cant find any relevant info on this) it’s the usual green > 70%, blue 30~70%, red <30%. and any errors that might arise i did put my falcon mini tank on with a 0.17ohm coil well below the stated 0.5ohm minimum resistance and it would not fire it just flashed red.
On the rear of the device is the Micro USB charging port when charging the LED will flash when you plug it into charge and then light up red until charged then the light goes off when fully charged which takes around 1 hour and twenty minutes maybe a bit less.

IMG_3748.JPG

The diameter of the tube is 22mm and has a spring loaded 510 connection.
At the bottom of the Twister is the adjustable wattage control which ranges from 7.5 - 30 watts, as you twist the wattage control it will click and stop at each 2.5 watts adjusted it is possible to go up in smaller amounts but how accurate this is im not sure, so for mtl vaping this should not be a problem as the 1.5 ohm coil is rated at 12 watts best being 10w i have found this to be perfectly acceptable ive been getting a full day and more from the battery running at 10-12.5 watts,but when using the 0.5 ohm coil at 22.5 - 25 watts not even a full day.
There are 6 battery vent holes on the base of the device.

collage.jpg

Pros

Fast charging
Solid Well Built
Adjustable wattage

Cons

fine adjustment on wattage control

Verdict

This is an excellent well built device for mtl vapers just a shame about the wattage fine tune adjustment having said that it still gets a recomendation from me.

Fireluke 22 tank

Specifications

Size 35 x 22 mm
Weight 48.3g
2ml capacity (3.5ml for non-TPD regions)
904L steel coils with tea-fibre cotton

3 coil options for the Fireluke 22 Tank all are FM Coiltech 4 SS904L with Tea Fiber Cotton

Type: Single MTL Mesh Coil
Resistance: 1.5Ω
Power Range: 8W-12W, Best 10W

Type: Single MTL Mesh Coil
Resistance: 1.0Ω
Power Range: 10W-15W, Best 12.5W

Type: Single DTL Mesh Coil
Resistance: 0.5Ω
Power Range: 15W-30W, Best 25W

IMG_3761.JPG

With the twister kit FreeMax have included the new Fireluke 22 tank which has been designed for both mtl and restricted direct lung you will find two driptips included one for mtl and dtl.
Its the first time for me using a long tall mtl drip tip and i must admit it was not something i would have gone out and bought but i found it really nice and comfortable to use it kind of moulded round the lips.

The filling mechanism is the same as other FreeMax tanks but it features a safety mechanism where you have to lift the top section up slightly before you can slide the top back to reveal the kidney fill port which is a nice size and was easy to fill, once filled and closed there is no chance of this opening up in your pocket.

IMG_3764.JPG

The coils are push fit into the tank,once you have inserted the coil you need to screw on the AFC ring base, then you can attach the tank to the Mod, FreeMax have also incorporated a leak proof mechanisim into the tank aswell meaning you can change the coil with eliquid still in the tank once you pull the coil out the housing snaps down over the eliquid feeding holes resulting in a mess free coil change.

IMG_3756.JPG

Now the airflow turned all the way Left is for dtl , turn it to the right and there is 5 single airflow holes for mtl (not sure on hole sizes)

IMG_3749.JPG

i have been using 20mg nic salts ive had it on the last 2 holes most of the time and the draw is nice and tight with no leaks from the coils i think the mtl fans are going to like this device.

As the 1.5ohm coil is rated for 8 to 12 watts i started off with it at the 7.5 watts for about 20 puffs or so to help bed the coil in before turning it up to 10 watts,which gave a good improvent but 12.5 watts gives a much more pronounced flavour,i found using the mtl coil at low wattage there was no whistle from the airflow

The 0.5ohm coil is rated for 15 to 30 watts again started this one off on a low setting and gradually increased the wattage It needs to get to 17.5 watts and have 3 airflow holes opem to start producing good flavour once you get the wattage up to 22.5 -25 and open the airflow all the way WOW there is a ton of flavour and a nice restricted direct lung vape but a slight whistle from the airflow.

Fireluke 22 tank Pros

Outstanding for MTL and Good for RDTL
Child proof top fill
Leak proof mechanisim

Fireluke 22 tank Niggles

Slight whistle from airflow

Verdict

This is a superb well built little device with alot of features which works great has an excellent battery life would suit a new vaper mtl vaper i highly recommend this device.

Many thanks to @Freemaxtech for sending me the kit out to me for review.

Last edited:
Cristal clear review. Thanks mate. I was wating for this.
Loved the maunal twist adjustment in the original Twister, but seems to be more complicated to recreate on this one.

Cristal clear review. Thanks mate. I was wating for this.
Loved the maunal twist adjustment in the original Twister, but seems to be more complicated to recreate on this one.

no so much complicated fella just a bit more attention to pay when turning the wattage up on the mtl coils easy really mate

Back
Top Bottom