What's new

Bohrvape Flask

nwhornet

Legend
Bohrvape Flask Pod

This is a review for the new release from Bohrvape, The Flask. This was kindly supplied by Bohrvape but in no way influences my thoughts & impressions. No reward has been offered or gained other than a duplicate for a giveaway on the forum. My views are my own & personal experiences will differ from other people. I have no affiliation with any vendors or POTV.

BOHR: The brand was founded in 2004 and has been in the smartphone industry for more than ten years. They joined the vape community at the end of 2017, bringing the smart technology from mobiles to vape mods. Currently there are 3 products, Chaser 127w mod, Hunter pod & the newly revealed Flask. The Chaser & Flask both incorporate their proprietary chip, the SAGA Player chip. The Bohrvape Flask is a pod mod with interchangeable coils & full control over power/volts & the Play feature.

Bohr box .jpg

In the box

Packaged in a sleeved box, with specs & contents printed on the back, so easy to open. The foam inserts make sure there’s unlikely to be any issues with heavy handed postal services, evidenced by the condition of my package. As well as the mod, there is a USB lead (short), 2 coils, fold out manual (in English), and warranty & safety card. The one I received has no TPD warnings but EU/UK packaging will have. The 2 coils came in a single bag but not certain this is how all will be sent as paperwork showed this to be a sample product. No real issue as the coils are marked with Ohm, Watts, Volts & Amps.

Specs

The Flask is 90x43x13.5mm, has a built in 1150mAh battery & watt range 1-20w. Juice capacity is 2ml. Coils supplied are 0.4ohm (DTL) & 1.2ohm (MTL). Info is displayed on a 10mm x 23mm OLED screen which is also the frire button. Up/Down buttons on the left side & USB charge port on the right. 5 clicks on/off make this ideal for pocket or bag.

First impressions

Once out of the box it’s surprising how classy looking the Flask is. The body has a brushed steel black finish. BOHR branding back & front & battery vent holes in the base. Airflow is via 2 slots on the sides above the adjuster buttons & USB port. As mentioned previously the screen is the fire button & so far has not been an issue. All 3 buttons are responsive & clicky (without being noisy). The pod/tank section is a solid fit with no rattle or movement & the drip tip a whistle style. Inner bore is a touch over 3mm dia.
coils.jpg tank.jpg coil fill.jpg

Setting up is easy. The coils are push fitted into the tank & then add juice through the fill port. Recommend dripping a little juice on the exposed cotton before fitting. Line the coil up as in the photo to ensure correct connection with the pins in the body. When filling, you can see juice filling the tank & it will run into the area around the bore.

juiced.jpg

Push the tank onto the pod & done. If the mod is powered it will set the VW/VV/PLAY to suit. The 0.4ohm coil defaults to 12w/2.27v/5.28A & 1.2ohm coil to 9w/3.28v/2.72A. The watts & volts were fine for me on both coils but the Play settings needed turning down as I was close to dry hitting & with only 2 coils to play with, needs must. I used 50/50 18mg juice with the MTL coil with no issues, other than a little spitting while I readjusted my vaping style. The coil performed fine once I’d got a good technique going & it gave me a nic hit I could feel without coughing or spluttering. This is a tight MTL akin to a Nautilus Mini on the smallest hole. Flavour was there but tasted somewhat muted. This may be as much my fault/vaping style as I haven’t vaped this low or so tight an airflow for over 3 yrs, prefering an airy vape at highish watts.

The DTL coil, however, was great. Using a 70/30 3mg favourite fruity juice, all the flavours were there & with decent cloud production, if that’s your thing. I would suggest 60/40 juice (or dropping the power) as at 70/30 it did feel close to dry hitting especially when chain vaping. The draw on this coil I would describe as restricted but certainly enjoyable.

With both coils I found some improvement dropping power a bit but should be easy enough to dial in your preferences. As said VW/VV modes both worked as expected.

Play mode is new to me but is a selling point of the SAGA chipset. It is a wave pulse output but I didn’t feel any pulsing (like bad TC) when vaping. The settings appear to be Amps given the A in the display. As stated earlier the Play mode with both coils defaulted too high & nearly burnt both coils. Once turned down to less than half the original setting it became a warm, quite satisfying vape. Increasing the A value did seem to give subtle changes especially on the DTL coil. Difficult to describe really without trying more flavours but lack of coils prevented this. As/when I can get hold of the Chaser mod it is something I’d like to experiment with as, I imagine, a more powerful mod should give better results.

Battery life has been great. It has been the main mod in use during a working day & only charged once in MTL, &, as I write this, on 2nd charge with the DTL coil. So 2 & a bit cycles in & days

Pros

· Lightweight

· Adjustable settings

· Clear display

· Interchangeable coils

· Lock keys function

· Stylish design

· Battery life

Cons

· Refilling can be messy with big nozzles

· Can’t swap coils with juice in the tank

· Screen is washed out in sunlight

So far I have had no issues with the Flask. Personal preference would have liked an adjustable airflow but not a gamechanger with this kit. The form factor is great, easy to use menu and, so far, coils have shown no signs of fading. I will keep using this in the van for as long as the coils last as, at the moment replacements are not available in the UK. The company is actively looking for distributors so this should be remedied quickly.
Would I buy one? Yes. I would also recommend as an easy to use starter kit or stealth kit for those places where blowing clouds is frowned upon.
More info at Bohrvape.com.
I got sent two of these and will be giving the unused spare away in a few days. @bohrvape are currently running a giveaway so if your not succesful there then try your luck for this.

Never heard of them tbh but looks really nice for a pod

Never heard of them tbh but looks really nice for a pod
You wont have. They haven't released any of the kit in the UK as no distributor yet. Believe they're currently working on it as interest in their gear is picking up.

Back
Top Bottom