What's new

Artery Nugget + Pod Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia @Sourcemore sent me this to test out.

20200926_135627.jpg

The Artery Nugget + Pod Kit

It’s a pod device with a 2000mah internal battery and goes up to 70w. It uses the Aero chip which Artery promises constant wattage for a constant vape. The kit is very light at 90g. Included in the kit is the XP pod, which takes coils used by the Nugget GT pod mod. You can buy an additional HP pod, RBA and 510 adapter for it as well. It also has all the usual protections.

Lilia also very kindly gave a discount code for this kit, which is: ANPOD. It brings it down to $25.39.

I also bought the additional HP pod that allows you to use Pal II coils in it and turns the kit into an MTL device so will review that here too.

In the box you get:

1 Nugget + mod
1 Nugget + XP pod
1 0.4 XP coil (pre-installed)
1 0.4 XP coil
2 silicone airhole bungs
1 USB C cable
A user manual
A warranty card

Functions of the mod are:

5 clicks on and off

3 clicks to lock the power. Allows you to lock the power to the limit of the coil, while still being able to adjust to the limit, or turn off to set wattage as high as you like.

Hold fire button and minus button to change the colour of an LED light behind the screen or turn it off. You can pick red, purple, blue, green or white.

Hold fire button and plus button to change the colour of the theme on the colour screen. You can pick red, purple, blue, green or white.

Hold all 3 buttons together to clear the puff counter.

Collage 2020-10-14 13_15_09.jpg

Design wise it is an all plastic mod and pod, which would account for the lightness of the kit. It is really light. The branding on the box (and on a little card inside the box) goes for calling it the matchy matchy pod kit as the pod is the same colour as the mod. A wee bit cheesy but hey ho. The sides have a design on them and are slightly mirrored and the rest of the casing is clear plastic so you can see the insides of the mod. There’s not that much to see tbh but it does look pretty cool imo. The mod has an 0.96” colour screen, which you can change the colour of and there are LED lights that you can switch between or turn off.

The pod has a 5ml capacity and uses the XP Core coils that are also used in the Artery GT pod mod. On the top side of the mod there are 3 airholes on each side that you can plug with the included silicone bungs to adjust airflow. The pod is held in place by some very strong magnets and it doesn’t fly off if dropped. With the 0.4 coils you get a slightly turbulent draw but the vapour is good and the flavour from them is decent. The draw is slightly restricted without the silicone bungs in so suits me fine at 35w. To fill there’s a plastic panel that you slide out to reveal a decent sized fill port so you can fill it pretty quickly. The pod is also clear coloured plastic so the juice level is very easy to see.

The kit comes with 2 0.4 XP coils and that’s where I think the standard kit falls down. You’re basically restricted to using these coils at their 35w limit. There are also 0.15 XP coils available but the rating for those are between 60-80w and this kit only goes up to 70w. The 0.15 coils would also suck the battery dry quickly imo so I didn’t buy any. You can buy an RBA and a 510 adapter for this kit so they would open up the options a lot more but I’m a little disappointed that you’re stuck with just one coil to use with the standard kit. I can see what Artery are going for here. They’ve made this pod kit modular so that there are a lot of options but it would have been nice to get one of those other options with the kit.

Collage 2020-10-14 13_15_47.jpg

I did buy the additional HP pod for this kit and also a pack of the 0.7 HP cores to use in it so I could use it for MTL as well. The pod is the same shape and you can pick your colour to match the kit. It comes with a coil adapter to fit the HP cores in and the adapter has an airflow control ring on it so, along with the silicone bungs, you can dial down to a really tight MTL draw if you wish. The draw on the HP pod is really nice, very smooth and there’s a plastic reducer in the tip to help with the flavour. Flavour is really good as well with the 0.7 coil and with all the airflow options open you can get a good, if pretty restricted, dtl draw.

In all I was a bit disappointed with the standard kit as there is only really the one coil option. I did really like the additional HP pod when I got it through the post. Add in all the other things you can buy and it’s a very versatile kit. The 510 adapter would let you use your own tanks and the RBA coil would allow you to use coils at higher or lower ohms and would open this kit up a lot.

I don’t know what to do with this one. I might do a giveaway or try to find someone who fancies it as it’s not something I can see myself using a lot. I’ve got too many other mods, pods and tanks that I prefer using.

20201014_131325.jpg

Last edited:
Don't send it to me @Gitchy . You would have to pay me to use it. Thanks for the review btw.

Thanks for the review @Gitchy , I can't help but think stuff like this looks like a plastic toy. When they have the (very good imo) Pal range, I don't really see why Artery would go for something like this.

...as for what to do with it next?

I'd be interested in a drop test onto hard concrete. :D

Great review matey. Love the colour shame about the performance on the coils though.

The coils are actually pretty good Dee. It's just that you can only use one type when you get the standard kit so would probably not suit a new vaper that's trying to see if they like it. You can buy all the additions but I feel that one of the 3 should have been included to make it a bit more versatile off the bat.

Thanks for the review @Gitchy , I can't help but think stuff like this looks like a plastic toy. When they have the (very good imo) Pal range, I don't really see why Artery would go for something like this.

...as for what to do with it next?

I'd be interested in a drop test onto hard concrete. :D

I can see what they were going for. It looks quite cool and the customisation is there if you want to put in another £20 or so plus postage for all the other kit. The HP pod makes it essentially a Pal II with a 2000mah battery and good airflow options. Really not my style of kit though, I'm with you on the plastic. Wish Tazz was still here with his dolly... :18:

Back
Top Bottom