Vape Club
What's new

Review Written Review - Wismec Luxotic BF mod

mustybadger

Postman
Hi all,

So, I decided now was the time to put up a review for this...

Just to put some perspective around this. I own a decent chunk of "high-end" squonkers. Limelight Mechanics Freehand S, Anchor Nano, Bolt 2.5, E-Phoenix Fury to name a few. All of these have been left in my vape cupboard since I first got a hold of the Luxotic.

Pros:
- It's one of the most ergonomic mods I've ever used. For me, the comfort of using it is on par with the Limelight.

- It hits as hard and as consistently than a full, silver plated mech.

- I think it looks really good. The brushed SS frame is top quality, and (while I suspect them to be polarizing) I really like the designs of the doors.

- The battery pulls in and out really easily, and has never caused any damage to my wraps (which is more than I can say about some of the 3d printed mechs I own).

- I actually really like the squonk mechanic. It's a little archaic in it's design, but, for me, it works. It's a hell of alot easier than trying to pull out a squishy silicone bottle.

- I'm going to put the bottle in as a plus point too. Some people are die-hard silicone and wont use anything else. I actually prefer the harder bottles. It makes it easier to take the bottle in and out and it squonks perfectly well. No accidental squonking when you're carrying it around in your bag or anything either.

- The build quality. Everything fits together absolutely perfectly. No button rattle, no door movement, nothing. It's flawless.

- The built-in safety features. It's not until you use a mech with a locking ring that you realise how nice it is to have a 5-click on/off switch...

- The fucking price. It's an ABSOLUTE steal.

Cons:
- The bottle is a subjective con. You can, however, now buy silicone bottles for existing Luxotics, and the full black Luxotic ships with silicone instead.

- The color options are limited and, again, subjective. You either like the look of the panels or you don't.

- The large WISMEC on the back-side of the mod.

- Only compatible with 18650 batteries. No 2x700's here.

So, as you can see from my list, there's only a few cons, and they are all subjective.

I think this is, easily, the best squonker to have come out of China. Ever. It completely blows the Pulse of of the water for me.

I would take 5 of these over a single Facebook only 3d printed mech. I'd probably even take 10 of these instead of another Limelight Freehand S (although that is an amazing piece of gear). I love this mod that much.

If you are a squonker of any persuasion, I HIGHLY recommend this mod. Even if you own a boat-load of high-end squonkers, everyone should have a place in their rotation for this piece of gear. Even if it's just as a cheaper, beater setup.

Ecigone is the only place I know of, apart from Chinese websites, that is stocking the mod only. They also stock the new "full-black" version, which comes with the Tobino RDA (which is also really, really stellar), and silicone squonk bottles. I also believe the code "ecigone5" works and will give 5% off.

The mod by itself is only £29.99, and the kit is £44.99.

Last edited:
The Electronic Cigarette Company
Hi all,

So, I decided now was the time to put up a review for this...

Just to put some perspective around this. I own a decent chunk of "high-end" squonkers. Limelight Mechanics Freehand S, Anchor Nano, Bolt 2.5, E-Phoenix Fury to name a few. All of these have been left in my vape cupboard since I first got a hold of the Luxotic.

Pros:
- It's one of the most ergonomic mods I've ever used. For me, the comfort of using it is on par with the Limelight.

- It hits as hard and as consistently than a full, silver plated mech.

- I think it looks really good. The brushed SS frame is top quality, and (while I suspect them to be polarizing) I really like the designs of the doors.

- The battery pulls in and out really easily, and has never caused any damage to my wraps (which is more than I can say about some of the 3d printed mechs I own).

- I actually really like the squonk mechanic. It's a little archaic in it's design, but, for me, it works. It's a hell of alot easier than trying to pull out a squishy silicone bottle.

- I'm going to put the bottle in as a plus point too. Some people are die-hard silicone and wont use anything else. I actually prefer the harder bottles. It makes it easier to take the bottle in and out and it squonks perfectly well. No accidental squonking when you're carrying it around in your bag or anything either.

- The build quality. Everything fits together absolutely perfectly. No button rattle, no door movement, nothing. It's flawless.

- The fucking price. It's an ABSOLUTE steal.

Cons:
- The bottle is a subjective con. You can, however, now buy silicone bottles for existing Luxotics, and the full black Luxotic ships with silicone instead.

- The color options are limited and, again, subjective. You either like the look of the panels or you don't.

- The large WISMEC on the back-side of the mod.

- Only compatible with 18650 batteries. No 2x700's here.

So, as you can see from my list, there's only a few cons, and they are all subjective.

I think this is, easily, the best squonker to have come out of China. Ever. It completely blows the Pulse of of the water for me.

I would take 5 of these over a single Facebook only 3d printed mech. I'd probably even take 10 of these instead of another Limelight Freehand S (although that is an amazing piece of gear). I love this mod that much.

If you are a squonker of any persuasion, I HIGHLY recommend this mod. Even if you own a boat-load of high-end squonkers, everyone should have a place in their rotation for this piece of gear. Even if it's just as a cheaper, beater setup.

Ecigone is the only place I know of, apart from Chinese websites, that is stocking the mod only. They also stock the new "full-black" version, which comes with the Tobino RDA (which is also really, really stellar), and silicone squonk bottles. I also believe the code "ecigone5" works and will give 5% off.

The mod by itself is only £29.99, and the kit is £44.99.
Nice review mate.
I do think the blue resin one looks tidy. Rather like we found with the squeeze. Every now and then a vape company hits the nail on the head.
I do prefer the firm bottle/squonking bar set up for ease and reliability. The rda is really surprising a few as well.
Excellent stuff.

Nice review mate.
I do think the blue resin one looks tidy. Rather like we found with the squeeze. Every now and then a vape company hits the nail on the head.
I do prefer the firm bottle/squonking bar set up for ease and reliability. The rda is really surprising a few as well.
Excellent stuff.

Thanks bud. They absolutely did hit the nail on the head with this one. It's absolutely fantastic.

Vape Green
Good review and marries with my views on the little beasty!

I didn`t like the hard bottle to start but now quite like it, so easy to fill, with zero spilt liquid on re-fills its sweeet

My pulse mech is now my backup mod and this one is in my hand all day

Nice review mate:)
I have had mine a couple of weeks now and been using everyday .As you have said very nice in the hand . The tobhino is great plenty of flavour from it and I prefer the 510 driptip over the 810 one. The pico was great little squonker but this to me beats it

Vape Club
I have one on the way ...... seems like a good time to try squonking again. :)

AcmeFog
I just got mine a couple of weeks ago! Really great bit of kit. Included coils are very nice too!

Premier Ecigs
Back
Top Bottom