What's new

Review Raguri Reviews - The Ivogo Dimitri!

Raguri

Nutter!
Hello Ladies, Gentleman.

Today I shall be talking about something that has changed me... For the better.
The Ivogo Dimitri Clone from : IVOGO Dimitri Style E-Cigarette Mechanical Box Mod by 2 x 18650 Battery-31.65 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Whilst I received this item for free, it was through a competition. Therefore, I have no actual obligation to review this. But, I told Zarya at Gearbest that I would, and I want to anyway. The letters typed in this review have been typed by my own hands, and are no way influenced by shares, or percentages of profits in the company.

Right then, where do I start?
Well, It's a box... It's quite an old box infact, the original Dimitri came out quite a while ago, and is seen as old news to most.
But, this is my first dual 18650 device believe it or not, and it's fully mechanical so there's no wiring to break... Looks good so far!

I received this in a lovely box, with nice cut out padding to keep it safe whilst being shipped, complete with a spare 510 connector (More on this later). The packaging is now in the bin, but trust me, I was impressed since you can pick this up so cheaply!

The next thing I noticed, was the weight... Fuck me this thing's hefty. 150grams, without batteries.. Roughly. Personally I think it's more than this, but I haven't weighed it. But it's enough to pull a loosely fitting pair of trousers down to your ankles without realising until it's too late.
Weight is good. Weight means there's lots of lovely material.

Material wise, it's constructed mainly out of aluminium. As some of you may know, aluminium is a bloody good conductor or electricity, and heat. As a result, it can be rather cold to touch and hold onto whilst outside, but as soon as the heat from your hands is transferred it stays warm for quite a long time. The 510's are a combination of copper, and plastic. The box is, as mentioned, fully mechanical and the 510 is screwed into place and held by a small nut on the inside of the box. By screwing the 510 into place, you complete the negative circuit! Clever you! :)

The 510 and switch are connected via a very thin copper plate, which can cause a few issues (again, more about this later), and the 510 is unfortunately fixed, and not floating. However, you can push the pin down a little bit to make stuff sit nice and flush.

The switch, is a very simple circuit really. A plate across the postives of the batteries, and a switch connected to the positive of the 510. By pressing the button, you connect these two plates, and transfer the power. Simple! Simple is good!

Batteries are inserted by removing the rather snug door on the front, or back (depending on how you hold it), and tightening the negative screws on the bottom of the mod. These then keep the batteries nice and snug.

And now for the actual using it review...

I love it.

I can put my hand on my heart and say this mod is the "Hardest hitting" of anything I've used that takes 18650's... It's a monster.
I now understand the hype over parallel boxes.

The button position is perfect for me, firing with my thumb and can even be operated using gloves! :)

The battery life, is tremendous... I'm using 2 pairs of samsung 25rs a day. Might seem like a lot, but I'm using it at 0.06 ohms daily. That's great to me, since I'd get through 6 batteries on single cell mechs at that resistance... (Not recommended however).

The other noticeable thing I've noticed, is that most of my old builds are horrible on this... Purely as they burn wicks out. It does deliver voltage a lot more effectively. For example:
I've had my orchid at 0.25ohms on my smpl mod...
As soon as I put it on the dimitri, I had to raise it to 0.4.
That's quite a big difference, and it feels exactly the same!

The negatives:

Now, like with any mod, there are a few things I'm not a huge fan of.
The first, is that I didn't get one sooner.
The second, is that the contact plates are a little bit on the thin side and are very easily damaged if you remove them to clean off the inevitable oxidisation... But, they're also very easy to remake with some copper sheet (0.5mm Copper improves this mod to make it even better!)
The locking switch only works 25% of the time, but to hell with it, it's on the top of the mod and I keep it in my top pocket... Ie, no chance of it being pressed.

So, Not exactly the greatest review ever written, but it's still a review.
I'd like to add, that if you do order one, choose hungary post. They were mentally fast...

And, make sure to use the coupon code (I know there's one somewhere, I just need to find it again) as it makes this mod only around £16... Which is the bargain of the century!

ALSO
HEALTH AND SAFETY WARNING
Please make sure to only use high discharge batteries such as the 25rs, and only use them in designated pairs. :)

Thank you

Sam

DISCOUNT CODE

dimitrixr
Huggett

Last edited:
Agreed its a damn good mod.

It's fucking weighty, its finished well

Its also Logoless (if you account the name plate is blank) awesome mines being engraved

My locking ring doesn't work at all.

I've not pushed mine yet :P, but when I cba I will.

It does hit well, possibly as hard as dropping the fucker on your bare foot.

As soon as I find time to build it low ill be seeing about upgrading the plates and replacing the 510 for a FDV

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Hello Ladies, Gentleman.

Today I shall be talking about something that has changed me... For the better.
The Ivogo Dimitri Clone from : IVOGO Dimitri Style E-Cigarette Mechanical Box Mod by 2 x 18650 Battery-31.65 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Whilst I received this item for free, it was through a competition. Therefore, I have no actual obligation to review this. But, I told Zarya at Gearbest that I would, and I want to anyway. The letters typed in this review have been typed by my own hands, and are no way influenced by shares, or percentages of profits in the company.

Right then, where do I start?
Well, It's a box... It's quite an old box infact, the original Dimitri came out quite a while ago, and is seen as old news to most.
But, this is my first dual 18650 device believe it or not, and it's fully mechanical so there's no wiring to break... Looks good so far!

I received this in a lovely box, with nice cut out padding to keep it safe whilst being shipped, complete with a spare 510 connector (More on this later). The packaging is now in the bin, but trust me, I was impressed since you can pick this up so cheaply!

The next thing I noticed, was the weight... Fuck me this thing's hefty. 150grams, without batteries.. Roughly. Personally I think it's more than this, but I haven't weighed it. But it's enough to pull a loosely fitting pair of trousers down to your ankles without realising until it's too late.
Weight is good. Weight means there's lots of lovely material.

Material wise, it's constructed mainly out of aluminium. As some of you may know, aluminium is a bloody good conductor or electricity, and heat. As a result, it can be rather cold to touch and hold onto whilst outside, but as soon as the heat from your hands is transferred it stays warm for quite a long time. The 510's are a combination of copper, and plastic. The box is, as mentioned, fully mechanical and the 510 is screwed into place and held by a small nut on the inside of the box. By screwing the 510 into place, you complete the negative circuit! Clever you! :)

The 510 and switch are connected via a very thin copper plate, which can cause a few issues (again, more about this later), and the 510 is unfortunately fixed, and not floating. However, you can push the pin down a little bit to make stuff sit nice and flush.

The switch, is a very simple circuit really. A plate across the postives of the batteries, and a switch connected to the positive of the 510. By pressing the button, you connect these two plates, and transfer the power. Simple! Simple is good!

Batteries are inserted by removing the rather snug door on the front, or back (depending on how you hold it), and tightening the negative screws on the bottom of the mod. These then keep the batteries nice and snug.

And now for the actual using it review...

I love it.

I can put my hand on my heart and say this mod is the "Hardest hitting" of anything I've used that takes 18650's... It's a monster.
I now understand the hype over parallel boxes.

The button position is perfect for me, firing with my thumb and can even be operated using gloves! :)

The battery life, is tremendous... I'm using 2 pairs of samsung 25rs a day. Might seem like a lot, but I'm using it at 0.06 ohms daily. That's great to me, since I'd get through 6 batteries on single cell mechs at that resistance... (Not recommended however).

The other noticeable thing I've noticed, is that most of my old builds are horrible on this... Purely as they burn wicks out. It does deliver voltage a lot more effectively. For example:
I've had my orchid at 0.25ohms on my smpl mod...
As soon as I put it on the dimitri, I had to raise it to 0.4.
That's quite a big difference, and it feels exactly the same!

The negatives:

Now, like with any mod, there are a few things I'm not a huge fan of.
The first, is that I didn't get one sooner.
The second, is that the contact plates are a little bit on the thin side and are very easily damaged if you remove them to clean off the inevitable oxidisation... But, they're also very easy to remake with some copper sheet (0.5mm Copper improves this mod to make it even better!)
The locking switch only works 25% of the time, but to hell with it, it's on the top of the mod and I keep it in my top pocket... Ie, no chance of it being pressed.

So, Not exactly the greatest review ever written, but it's still a review.
I'd like to add, that if you do order one, choose hungary post. They were mentally fast...

And, make sure to use the coupon code (I know there's one somewhere, I just need to find it again) as it makes this mod only around £16... Which is the bargain of the century!

ALSO
HEALTH AND SAFETY WARNING
Please make sure to only use high discharge batteries such as the 25rs, and only use them in designated pairs. :)

Thank you

Sam

DISCOUNT CODE

dimitrixr

mmmm. Interesting.

Just got my hover finger on the "buy it button" on this though.

Vertex Box Mod By TBM | Grey Haze ECig Store

@Raguri

Code;- RMNTGB

My code makes it less.. ;)
Yours is 8pct, mine takes it down to 25 dollars :)

And 3dj, considering this is nearly a tenth of the price... I'd say personally to go for this.
I've looked at the vertex, and whilst it's bloody nice to look at, after watching a mod maker show the benefits of adding more batteries, the difference between 2-3 was only marginal. :(
Plus, the money saved by getting an ivogo dimitri, would mean you have more money for other shinies :P

My code makes it less.. ;)
Yours is 8pct, mine takes it down to 25 dollars :)

And 3dj, considering this is nearly a tenth of the price... I'd say personally to go for this.
I've looked at the vertex, and whilst it's bloody nice to look at, after watching a mod maker show the benefits of adding more batteries, the difference between 2-3 was only marginal. :(
Plus, the money saved by getting an ivogo dimitri, would mean you have more money for other shinies :P

Well you didn't have a blooming code at the time lol

And here we have a prime example of someone not reading the whole bloody thing to the end ;)

I read the whole bloody thing twice ;)

Its not in the OP ;)

Codes Dimitrixr

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom