What's new

Pisces-T By J2P

Merino-Teflon

Exploding Mod
This is a telescopic mod, which I purchased with me own monies from SHMOvapes. The views expressed are my own, not Poetevs.

Saw some reviews on this, by the Bonner, and the Wangki, and was smitten, bought one, £105, Friday, received Saturday, vacuum wrapped in bubbles, and pouched, I'm Australian, I like pouches, we all do, so much so we even insist that our animals have them, where else are you going to store your tinnies in the scrub?

So, service, and packaging, great, you also get to choose your own serial number, which isn't a big deal for me, though I always prefer odd numbers, so even though I'd rather be surprised, I was ensured of no even number catastrophe, I chose 71, to represent my IQ.

Some specs now, this is 304 SS, copper contacts, floating contact in head, buttom firing with lock ring, takes 18490/18500/18650 batteries, and has vents holes and an engraving on the mid section of the body, and an engraving with serial number on the button. The engraving is actually an engraving, which I like, up yours, lazer twonks!

The button is the best bottom-firing button this side of the gp paps 2.5, the throw is a tad longer, but soft and smooth, and doesn't come loose as the paps can, also, the locking ring is awesome, I can spend hours playing with it, one finger is all it takes.
So far, unlocked, it hasn't fired when stood up.

This feels so good in the hand, a natural fit, the threads are flawless, taking it apart and putting it back together is a pleasure, including adjusting for batteries and atties, honestly, fitting an atty to this is an awesome and faff-free experience.

To be honest, sometimes I do not know why something captures my eye until I get it, and now that I got it, I get it, I was smitten, now it is all-out love, this is one of my favourite ever mods, and shall not leave my collection (he says), which is just as well, as there is one problem, and that is in the finish, there are about three wee flaws in it, like micro flaws, burrs, if you will, but that isn't enough to detract from it greatly for me, though I know some people are the sort of people who buy sofas and then won't allow people to sit on them without the plastic covers remaining on, the fuckwits.

People who are concerned that this doesn't take 18350s shouldn't be, this must be one of the smallest mods in 18490/18500 mode out there, it has a stealthy air to it at any rate, larger than an 18350 paps, smaller than an 18350 69, for example.

Anyway, top marks, very happy with this purchase, three thumbs up.

20131003_103433.jpg

Worth £105, decent price for this spectrum, worth cloning so loads of freaks can try it ;)

http://shmovapes.co.uk/mechanical-mods/9-pisces-t-mechanical-telescopic-mod-full-ss.html

Last edited:
Received my Pisces T (0039) from Shmovapes 2 weeks ago and you pretty much hit the nail on the head with this review.

Awesome dimensions and wonderfull craftsmanship.

Seeing as I loves me pisces-t, and my random desire in the above review for it to be cloned so more folks would git thar paws on it has pretty much come true (Thanks, Santer Clures), tell me, those who have got the Kylin, how you finding it, I love the grip on this one, it hits great, buttons a sweetie, and it is comparatively dinky in 18490 thru 18650 form, so what say youse?

Seeing as I loves me pisces-t, and my random desire in the above review for it to be cloned so more folks would git thar paws on it has pretty much come true (Thanks, Santer Clures), tell me, those who have got the Kylin, how you finding it, I love the grip on this one, it hits great, buttons a sweetie, and it is comparatively dinky in 18490 thru 18650 form, so what say youse?

My little Aussie Ginger mate, I possess the said Kylin, and think its a cracking bit of kit. The button is probably the best bottom firer I have ever owned, yes that includes the Juggy, and is a dinky thing in 18500 mode :)

Grip wise I dont think it is much different to any of my other mods :)

My little Aussie Ginger mate, I possess the said Kylin, and think its a cracking bit of kit. The button is probably the best bottom firer I have ever owned, yes that includes the Juggy, and is a dinky thing in 18500 mode :)

Grip wise I dont think it is much different to any of my other mods :)

Arrr, but in 18650 I would hazard it be more noticable, with the inclines and whatnot, I think it feels gert in the handies.

It will always feel gert in my handies, as I have little girly hands!

Its weird, as all mods I prefer in 18650 mode, but this one is definately better in 18500 mode.

Edit: Just tried it in 18650 mode, and you arent far wrong, but still prefer 18500 :)

I bought the Kylin maybe a month ago from VapeGeek, got the nemmy and chi you at the same time. My fave was the kylin, so small but feels great in your hand. Loved it so much bought the real thing 2 days later.

Recently traded it with @thejester so you can ask him how he is finding it.

Theres a few differences between the Kylin and the Pisces. Kylin is maybe 1mm smaller, has/had cheap gold tint on the locking ring and had none of the reverse-threading. But it did have silver (plated?) contacts and hit just as well as the pisces. The button was a little smoother as well.

I do prefer the Pisces but the kylin is great also, just cheaper.

I compare every bottom firer button against what I consider the best bottom firing button, and I reckon, though I think it can vary between units (like the finish on a small production device, for example), that this is almost at the gp paps level in button action, which is high praise.
I will add also though, that, like the paps, it does have to be given a tighten every now and then with a screwdriver.

Next time I see you AndyC1971, bring it! ;)

yep i can concur that it is a lovely little mod and enjoying it very much :)

just wish it could have been made with smoother lines in the body but as far as firing goes it hasnt missed once :)

Back
Top Bottom