What's new

H Cigar Magic box & maze 1.1 rda kit

eyeball kid

Legend
Today we have the H cigar, Magic box. A full mech squonker kit from the lovely folk at @Sourcemore
These are my own thoughts and do not necessarily represent those of POTV.
WP_20190422_20_47_35_Pro.jpg

Included here we have the Magic box mech squonk mod, the maze 1.1 rda, two soft plastic squonk bottles, a spare tube, a full tool kit, clapton coils, cotton, spares and an instructional booklet and guarantee. Everything except the juice and battery to get squonking.
WP_20190422_20_47_50_Pro.jpg

Although the fire switch is covered in a screw fronted compartment, rest assured this is a simple copper circuit of the type you'd find in most mech squonk mods. The covered area is simple to open with the included tool but I think a good idea to keep the contact clean and safe. I'd open it up every few months to clean the contacts.
WP_20190422_20_48_10_Pro.jpg

The fire button is large and solid. You need a reasonable pressure to make the contact which i like. Also a big plus is the fire switch is on a slide frame so when the button is pushed up, it is fully locked and will not fire until you click it down which again takes just enough pressure that it's very unlikely to come unlocked in your pocket.
Battery and bottle fit perfectly.
WP_20190422_20_58_57_Pro.jpg

The panel's on the magic box are recessed in and held in with sturdy magnets like the inbox. These ones are a very smart carbon fibre and have zero rattle or warping. There's a discrete thumb catch at the bottom of the panels to make removal straightforward. The back panel reveals a handy aperture to allow you to push the battery out without tearing the battery wrap. Safety first.
WP_20190422_21_18_38_Pro.jpg

The included maze 1.1 rda is a simplified design based on h cigars long running maze rda series. The deck has a velocity style design that's (unusually for a mech squonker) designed for dual coil use. The squonk pin is raised above the deck to allow a small amount of liquid to remain in the deck. I prefer this design myself as if you wick the deck well you.don't have to squonk every draw.
WP_20190422_20_48_24_Pro.jpg

The top is made from metal and has a delrin spacer to prevent heat reaching the drip tip. (Apologies for the shower of cotton bacon fibres, lol).
The topcap is very smart in design and has a good compact flavour chamber but room enough for 3mm coils. The downside is the airflow isn't adjustable. I like the slightly restrictive draw but if you prefer tighter you may want to use another rda. I used a dual brochrome build (24awg, 2.5mm dual coil, 0.2 ohm) in the maze and it really offered up fantastic flavour with a little custard deluxe from prime vapes.
I also grabbed a tobhino to try with this as although it's a noisey fella it offers up great flavour and I actually preferred the maze.
WP_20190422_20_58_30_Pro.jpg

I know this has been around a while but it was released during a landslide of similar mods so got a little overlooked. I love my inbox's so really wanted to give this a go. I'm glad I did. It's about the same height and width of the inbox but substantially thinner. Feels great in the hand and I've had no leaks or over squonking. Looks smart too.
I'm generally not a mech fan as some of you know but I really like this one.
The other reason I asked to review this for you good people is that I saw it was on offer at a bargain $31 so a full kit for under twenty five quid.

You can nab yourself one from the mighty soucemore.
https://www.sourcemore.com/hcigar-m...owered-by-single-18650-cell-carbon-fiber.html

Big thank you to sourcemore as ever.

Last edited:
Good review mate, one I didn't know about until now. I've tried to stop buying boxy shaped mods, and fell out of love with the original Inbox ages ago, but I might be tempted by this, especially if they bring out other door designs (I quite like the wolf one).

Does the inner door actually hold the contacts in place, or is it just a cover?

Good review mate, one I didn't know about until now. I've tried to stop buying boxy shaped mods, and fell out of love with the original Inbox ages ago, but I might be tempted by this, especially if they bring out other door designs (I quite like the wolf one).

Does the inner door actually hold the contacts in place, or is it just a cover?
Purely a cover yoda. Attempt at keeping things clean and safe I believe.

Back
Top Bottom