What's new

Review Another KiK Vape 02 Starter Kit Review

ferocious

Postman
The very generous guys at KiK have sent me a Vape 02 starter kit and 2 bottles from their range of premium USA e-liquids for review. These were free samples for the purpose of this review. This kit is available direct from the KiK website for £19.99.

The Vape 02 starter kit: Vapour E-Cigarette Starter Kit 900 | Electronic Cigarette | KiK

4e5IUsH.png

The KiK Vape 02 battery:

The Vape 02 battery, as with the Vape 01 battery feels very well made. It has a 900mah capacity which should get a moderate vaper through a whole day on one charge. The fire button is curved and is flush with the battery which should avoid misfiring it by accident in your pocket or bag, it also has a very positive click when you press the button. KiK still recommends to turn the battery off between uses to prolong the life between charges. It is longer than the Vape 01 battery which meant it fitted much better in my large hands. It has a fixed voltage of 3.7v which is works well for the protank clearomizer which comes with it. It takes around 2 to 3 hours to charge fully on the supplied charger.

The KiK Protank:

The KiK protank may look familiar to some of the more seasoned vapers, this is because it follows the same design as the original Kangertech protank. KiK have advised me that this means several things. Firstly that the tank is made of glass, which means that you can vape any juice with no worries about the tank cracking. Secondly that you can also use the Kangertech coil heads if you want to. KiK sells the stock coils in packs of 3, which are available directly from their site for £4.95 a pack.

The protank feels very well made, and is quite weighty due to its metal and glass construction. I found that the draw on this tank felt tighter than the CE4 clearomizer in the CE4 kit, which for me was a plus. If you like to do direct lung inhales then it may be a bit too tight. The protank goes very well with the Vape 02 battery and fits flush with it. I have also tested the protank on the Vape 01 battery and it worked well with that too, although due to the recess around the button does not sit so flush on that battery. The drip tip on the protank is part of the upper assembly and as such cannot be removed. It has no markings to show capacity, but you can clearly see when you need to top it up. I found that the vapor produce by the protank tasted very clean with a smooth throat hit. The metal drip tip seems to cool the vaper as it passes through it which was nice too.

Conclusion:

Generally, I would say that this should be the recommended starter kit due to the replaceable coils in the protank, which in the long run will work out cheaper than having to keep replacing the whole clearomizer. You could upgrade the clearomizer on the Vape 01 kit to the same protank ofcourse, instead of replacing it with another CE4 one. This would be at a very similar cost to just buying the Vape 02 to start with, but you get a larger capacity battery with the Vape 02. I had no issues with battery life on this model. It easily lasted me a whole day before needing to be charged. The protank produced plenty of vapor for me, it was nice and cool with plenty of flavour. The drip tip on the protank, because it is metal can sometimes be very cold on the lips. It quickly warms up with use but can be a bit of a shock first thing in the morning! KiK has great customer service, if you get any problems with their products you can contact them on twitter or facebook and they usually respond very quickly!

KiK e-liquid:

USA premium - Fresh tangerine:

Very strong taste and smell, lingers both in the mouth and the air for a long time
Very sweet tasting, almost bordering on being too sweet.
I would say it smells and tastes quite like robinsons jelly!

USA premium - Pink lemonade:

Raspberry taste on the inhale with lemony throat hit. Lemon taste on the exhale.
The taste lingers in your mouth for a long while after vaping it.
My partner loves this one! For me it was a bit too 'floral' tasting.

KiK elite collection - Mojito:

A very fresh taste of lemon and lime with a strong minty aftertase. Very refreshing!
I found the throat hit to mainly be of the lemon taste with a minty taste left in your mouth on the exhale.

Back
Top Bottom