What's new

Review Freemax Starre

EssexBoy

Achiever
So Apes!!

Something a bit different for you today. With all the love for sub ohm tanks here is my review of the Freemax Starre DVC Tank.

This product was received free of charge from one of the POTV vendors efun.top for the purpose of review however my review will remain accurate and precise.

With subohm Vaping being the current craze, the market for easy, fill and go cloud machines is filled with brands trying to produce the must have clearo.

With Aspire and Kangertech leading the way in the market smaller brands such as Horizon, Sense and Freemax are now beginning to produce some great products.

First Impressions

The packaging of the Starre is good. No cheap cardboard boxes here. The Starre comes supplied in a hard, transparent, top opening box much like the Arctic and Atlantis tanks. The packaging portrays a somewhat premium product.

Included in the box is

1 x Freemax Starre
1 x 0.5 ohm Dual Vertical Coil
1 x 0.25 ohm Dual Vertical Coil
1 x Spare Glass Tank
Comprehensive instruction manual

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1431461450.831987.jpg

The Tank

Now..... As mentioned, the ammount of subohm tanks available increases by the day so the manufacturers need to provide us with something new. Freemax pride themselves on having the only tank with Dual Vertical Coils.

The 5ml tank is easy to fill and can be filled with both needle nosed bottles and dropper bottles. This is one thing I loved about it. My all day vape uses a dropper and some tanks have proved problematic, for example the Delta II.

The juice I used I know well. I knew that it would take some time to wick being 80/20 VG heavy which it did. 5-10 minutes but once wicked I never got a dry hit.

The flavour is where this tank shines. I would have to say that the flavour is the closest to an RDA that I have had from my ADV using a tank. Is far surpasses the flavour from a Subtank and Arctic.

Although the airflow slot is HUGE I feel it is still restricted. It's certainly got an airier draw than a Subtank mini but not as airy as an arctic and nowhere near an Atlantis V2. My preference, being a dripper, is for more air. Some people may prefer this slightly tighter draw.

The Vapour production is very good! Equivalent to that of a Delta II

The juice consumption was good using the 0.5 ohm coil with a 5ml tank lasting most of the day at 30W on an SX Mini.

Pros:

Easy to fill
Incredible Flavour

Negatives:

Slightly tighter draw

The Starre can be purchased from one of our oversea vendors efun.top for $20.37

FreeMax Starre DVC(Dual Vertical Coil)SUB Tank - 5ml - $20.37

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1431462061.247683.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1431462101.651139.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1431462122.752835.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1431462138.570925.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Last edited:
Great review Joe, and interesting about the flavour. I cant help but think that theres gonna be a tank that has the airflow of the atlantis, and the flavour of this gonna come out any day now :) Love that this has a 5ml capacity, which tops the arctic, which is good but needs filling to much though the day....

Not sure if i would choose this over the subtankv2 with the even bigger tank just yet, but at least theres an option of a sunohm tank with decent capacity.....

Btw, do you know what the price is for the replacement heads are?

Great review Joe, and interesting about the flavour. I cant help but think that theres gonna be a tank that has the airflow of the atlantis, and the flavour of this gonna come out any day now :) Love that this has a 5ml capacity, which tops the arctic, which is good but needs filling to much though the day....

Not sure if i would choose this over the subtankv2 with the even bigger tank just yet, but at least theres an option of a sunohm tank with decent capacity.....

Btw, do you know what the price is for the replacement heads are?

MidlandsVaping have the coils for 12.99 for 5 so about the going rate.

I was blown away with the flavour. I almost only drip Strawberry/Peachee Fields 99% of the time as I've never been able to get the sweetness from it in a tank but this one really does!! And that was only at 30 Watts on a 0.5 ohm coil. I will try with the 0.25 and up the wattage. I can only see it getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I'm getting a Smoke VCT Pro sent out to me, but this is definitely the next tank on my list. Really great review. Depending on the juice I quite like a tighter draw, but mostly if I'm just sitting about relaxing. If I'm out and about I prefer to get a fresh airy hit to avoid having that cardboard dry mouth. Can't wait to try this out myself. :)

Back
Top Bottom