What's new

Review Aspire Nautilus X

Victor1st

Left Voluntarily
===Aspire Nautilus X===
A look at the latest version of an old tank that dates back to before i even started reviewing. This is the Aspire Nautilus X, carrying the Nautilus name forward from 2013/4 into 2016 and beyond. The question is... will the coils be as bad as the original Nautilus coils was at launch?
===TIMESTAMPS===
Unboxing - 2:15
Aspire Nautilus X - 3:05
The Coil - 6:20
Vape and thoughts - 12:00

good review of a nice little tank. Having said that though, I got rid of my two because I hated the drip tip. Got to hot when chain vaping at 20w, and you can not use your own drip tips. The only other negative point I could find, was that it was very difficult to see how open or closed the top air flow slot is, especially on the black version.

I am not enjoying mine at all. The mini is a lot better in my opinion. The flavour is terrible - no two vapes are the same and the drip tip does get hot even at low temperatures. Gutted really as I was expecting a worthy follow up to the Nautilus and mini.

Last two posts have kind of put me off this one.
Was about to hit the buy button. Might not bother now........

I am still enjoying mine, and just in the process of buying a second.

Am running PowWow Sauce at 14W and finding it fine - no overheating and good flavour

Did try a 70/30 juice the other day and wacked the wattage up and it vaped fine, with no dry hits although it did get quite hot if chain vaping

I have pow wow in mine as well but it tastes terrible. I also have it in a mini nautilus to compare and the difference is massive. I changed out the stock coil after day two and even with a new one, the taste is still awful. I have tried between 12 and 20 watts and no change in flavour.

I am not enjoying mine at all. The mini is a lot better in my opinion. The flavour is terrible - no two vapes are the same and the drip tip does get hot even at low temperatures. Gutted really as I was expecting a worthy follow up to the Nautilus and mini.
I didn't have a problem with the flavour on my two. I found the flavour and vapour on my home brew 50/50 to be as good or even better than when I use my old nautilus or silo tank. Maybe the QC on the coils differ a bit. A couple of the big reviewers said they got no flavour as well. Just that damn drip tip did it for me:( I loved the form factor, and I see that there is now a bigger tank and extension for it to bring the capacity up to 4.0ml. If they bring out a version 2 where you can use your own drip tip I will buy a couple more. Oh yea , and they need to make the coils cheaper:)

For me, after this coil, I will be finished with it. Wasting too much Manabush in it and not getting any flavour!!

Thats odd. I still use my Nautilus Mini and Kanga Genitank and I'd say the flavour with PowWow is comparable in the X.
I did notice that the coils it came with are supposed to be 1.5 but registered on my device as anywhere between 1.7 and 1.9. I've popped in a brand new boxed coil tonight and it's correctly registering as 1.5 - no idea why that is.

I think - assuming you don't have a flavour problem - the huge pluses for me with this tank are :
1) Great mechanism for re-filling with no leakage
2) Can happily accommodate high VG juices

A personal thing too, but I love the drip-tip. I really dislike putting metal/chrome even if just plated, in my mouth

I noticed that the video review here complained about the long warm up time due to the dual-coil arrangement, at lower wattages. That isn't so much a problem for me as I have long been in the habit of pressing the trigger a couple of seconds before putting it in my mouth, thus giving it time to heat properly.

The fluctuation in ohm resistance on my spare coils Ive just checked is worrying to they all (5) registered anything higher than 1.7 on 2 mods 1 doesnt work at all , really put me off now the quality the poor flavour was bad enough without the cost of expensive yet poor quality coils , its difficult to believe the youtube videos that say excellent performance all round
thanks for your review I enjoy your stuff :)

Back
Top Bottom