What's new

Review Vaporesso Nexus

bellyman

Veteran
Bought and paid for by me. Saved up my pennies all by myself so this is my opinion, not POTV's.

With the raft of pod mods being released every week, this one stood out of the crowd for having all the features I look for in a pod device.
Refillable, adjustable airflow, temp control and replaceable coils. This pod has all the hallmarks of being a decent little vape.
Vaporesso_nexus_podmod_product_800x533_05.jpg

Powered by OMNI board Mini chip
Dimensions: 85.7 mm x 34 mm x 17.2 mm
Automatic draw
All-in-one device
E-liquid capacity: 2.0 mL
Built-in battery capacity: 650 mAh
Auto temperature control
Low liquid detection
Physical on/off button
Glass chamber
Adjustable airflow
Battery life LED indicator light
Lightweight and compact design
Utilizes Vaporesso NX atomizer heads

In the box you get a quality, metal springed usb cable, the Nexus and two 1ohm NX coils.
The body is made of zink alloy and has a 'medium quality' feel to it but the plastic components feel too cheap and have a smell thats a pain to get rid of. The tip has a nice shape to it and feels natural on the lips, its just a shame about the plastic smell. But lets move on from that and take a look under the hood of the Nexus

The coil screws into the airflow adjustor, which itself is removed by unscrewing it with a metal tab which sits in the mouthpiece. An old system, but if it works, dont fix it.
Vaporesso_nexus_podmod_product_800x533_14.jpg

Filling the 2ml tank itself is a little tricky as the fill port is recessed too low but its do-able.
Vaporesso_nexus_podmod_product_800x533_20.jpg

The Nexus has three temperature control settings, all of which can be selected with the single button.
Vaporesso_nexus_podmod_product_800x533_04.jpg

The high setting is a white light that delivers 12.5 watts
The medium setting is a yellow light that delivers 10.5 watts
The low setting is a red light that delivers 9 watts

Power set to high, tank filled with 50/50 nic salts and left to sit for 5, as always.
First toot. The coil is totally flooded and I get a mouth full of juice.
Not a great start.
Remove the coil, shake the shit out of it and replace it and I get exactly the same results. Flooded. Arsebiscuits.
I try the second coil. Its still gurgly but vapeable. The suck activation works perfectly and the vape is smooth, flavour is right but I feel its a little under powered. I would have liked the highest temp setting to be 15 watts, not the 12.5 watts that the Nexus gives.

Charging takes 40 minutes which is pretty quick but the port underneath could be better.
Vaporesso_nexus_podmod_product_800x533_08.jpg

I would like to tell you that the Nexus charged super quick and I was ready to vape again, but it didnt.
It wouldnt take a charge, so thats the end of the review!
Its a shame, I really wanted to like this one.

Pro's
Small size
Comfortable mouthpiece
Good flavor
Automatic TC that works
Adjustable airflow

Con's
Needs thick viscosity juice
Flimsy filling mechanism
Juice window is hard to see through
USB port on a rounded bottom
Button is recessed and too small to easily access with fingertips
Quality is hit and miss

Conclusion

On paper, the Nexus is the perfect pod device but the standard of quality has totally let it down. I could have forgiven its faults if it had taken a charge because it was a nice vape, when it worked. Maybe I had a 'friday' batch when QC had gone home early, maybe.
Buyer beware with this one.

Last edited:
Have to say that my Nexus has worked faultlessly for almost two months. It’s a shame yours has proved to be problematic.

No coil or flooding issues either.

Have to say that my Nexus has worked faultlessly for almost two months. It’s a shame yours has proved to be problematic.

No coil or flooding issues either.

If I had used 70/30 juice it would have been fine, it didnt seem happy with 50/50.
I did like it, when it was working. Mine must be a duff one.

Yeah, just checked my juices and they are 70/30. If it still took a charge, I’d encourage you to persevere.

The plastic smell you noticed is peculiar. Can’t say I noticed that so quality and production might be questionable.

Well I don’t get very good flavour with mine, I thought it might be the ceramic coils that stripped the taste out of the juice, but if you get good flavour then my coils must be duds. I would say compared to the Aspire Breeze 2, I only get about 25% of the flavour from the Nexus. I’ve not had any other problems with it charges fast and the fit and finish is streets ahead of the breeze. I’m going to try some of the nx cotton coils to see if they are any different to the ceramic version. Flavour wise it’s quite poor even using Sams juice Strawbeery Milkshake which is quite a flavourful juice

Well I don’t get very good flavour with mine, I thought it might be the ceramic coils that stripped the taste out of the juice, but if you get good flavour then my coils must be duds. I would say compared to the Aspire Breeze 2, I only get about 25% of the flavour from the Nexus. I’ve not had any other problems with it charges fast and the fit and finish is streets ahead of the breeze. I’m going to try some of the nx cotton coils to see if they are any different to the ceramic version. Flavour wise it’s quite poor even using Sams juice Strawbeery Milkshake which is quite a flavourful juice

Ive been using the NX cotton, not the ceramic.
My reviews never go too much into taste as Im a one flavour nicotine junkie.
So for me its more or less of the same, so long as Im getting the throat hit, its good.
And the fit and finish better than the Breeze? We must be comparing different batches of Nexus...

Ive been using the NX cotton, not the ceramic.
My reviews never go too much into taste as Im a one flavour nicotine junkie.
So for me its more or less of the same, so long as Im getting the throat hit, its good.
And the fit and finish better than the Breeze? We must be comparing different batches of Nexus...
Maybe that’s my problem then as I got two ceramic ones in the box with the device. The breeze pod moves about on the device even thought both side clips are fastened correctly, not really secured properly and the pods have sharp edges left from when they were removed from the mould and not cleaned up afterwards, other than that it’s ok but not what I would expect from Aspire as I have a few tanks and mods from them and the quality has been excellent. I will get some of the cotton coils and see if they are any better.

I think we both got friday models dude, my Breeze is pukka.
It just goes to show the differences in production runs.

Hmm don’t think I’m interested in this one after reading your review. Thanks for posting your thoughts.

I wonder if it might be possible to overcomplicated a pod device. I’m still getting on great with the suorin air, which has nothing but an on off switch. That’s a couple of months of daily use now and I’ve only used 2 pods, both of which are still working fine (I only opened the second one as I plan to take one apart, which I’ve not done yet). It’s happy with my 50/50 liquid even though the manual said don’t go lower than 60vg. It’s never flooded or leaked.

Back
Top Bottom