What's new

Nickel or Titanium

jayley

Postman
Evening all, shit I sounded like the fuzz then , anyways gonna be getting into TC at Christmas , my question to you knowledgable lot is nickel or titanium builds . I have an allergy to nickel , as in if anything touches my skin with nickel in it such as belt buckles , watch straps , zips etc etc , BOOM instant itchy red blistered rash , so would it be best to steer clear and use titanium wire......:sleepy:

definitely stay away from nickel then, titanium or stainless steel, if your mod has the settings,
also not for temp but stay away from nichrome as well

Grade1 Ti or TiFe like SweetSpots Ti-X should be fine.

I would stay clear of SS too, as that can contain nickel. (8-9%)

I've been using Titanium since starting with coiling and I like it. Here is a useful tutorial, I followed that and have had no problems :
http://blog.craftvapery.com/joshs-definitive-guide-to-temperature-control-with-titanium-wire/
Gotta say, I'm not a fan of that tutorial. I only mention it as it seems to regularly be offered up as definitive when really it's poor advice, imo.
Whatever the risks or otherwise of dry heating titanium to any extent whatsoever, it simply isn't necessary. The only reason to do it is for working out hotspots in touching coils and touching coils suck ass compared to well-spaced coils with titanium. Clean wire thoroughly in washing up water, make coils and stretch to space them, install them, wick them very loosely, juice them up and vape would be my advice to anyone taking on titanium.

Gotta say, I'm not a fan of that tutorial. I only mention it as it seems to regularly be offered up as definitive when really it's poor advice, imo.
Whatever the risks or otherwise of dry heating titanium to any extent whatsoever, it simply isn't necessary. The only reason to do it is for working out hotspots in touching coils and touching coils suck ass compared to well-spaced coils with titanium. Clean wire thoroughly in washing up water, make coils and stretch to space them, install them, wick them very loosely, juice them up and vape would be my advice to anyone taking on titanium.
is there a better tutorial you have a link for? I don't want to be giving out misleading advice.

is there a better tutorial you have a link for? I don't want to be giving out misleading advice.
No, sorry, but I have posted my own advice for building with titanium here after much experimentation and input from others on the forum in the hope that newcomers to titanium might find it useful.

No, sorry, but I have posted my own advice for building with titanium here after much experimentation and input from others on the forum in the hope that newcomers to titanium might find it useful.
Thanks, I will link to that in the future :-)

Ha ha, thanks. I do believe it will be safer and get people a better Ti vape than the other one meantime until someone does a proper tutorial.

Back
Top Bottom