What's new

Dicodes Box Mod

mascaras

Initiate
Hi

New Dicodes Box mods , single 18650 & single 26650 , both 60W :

di3.jpg

from ECF forum :

There'll be two boxes coming out at the beginning of December which should be available for purchase (at least in Italy) around December 10th/15th.
One is called "dicodes no 6" and will be a 26650 box, with a new (bigger than the dani) 0.66" display.
The other is called "Dani box", will be single 18650, same screen as the dani.
They both will be 60W, the circuit will be a somewhat improved version of the current one, but basically with the same features (e.g. still no internal on-board thermometer, but I had an interesting discussion with the guy who told me they did some prototyping and ended up finding the current method of assuming a reference 20°C allows for simpler, more reliable and more repeatable performance, and yes, lower price ;-))
One big change is they moved to a more standard 3 buttons based interface, although the menu structure is exactly the same, but now you can use up/down and move forward/backward.
No FW upgradeability, no micro-usb, but a proprietary connector which will make charging possible through a dedicated deck (not clear if that will be included).
I had the opportunity to see both prototypes, and while the 26650 is too big for my tastes, the 18650 feels really nice. Solid, simple and very well machined.

Also, and this is probably even more interesting, they're going to release the "FL80" circuit which will be able to work with 1 or 2 batteries, reaching respectively 60 or 80W, but the rep I spoke with was not directly involved with it so I couldn't get any more info. I'm attaching two photos of the brochures I grabbed there, hope they'll be enough clear for you to see...

Best regards

dicopdes_boxxxxxx.jpg

Pre-order prices in europe are around 199€ .

best regards

Last edited:
Looking at the bottom right picture it looks like Dicodes are offering just the board for sale to diy modders .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom