What's new

First MOD suggestions?

Scooby

Initiate
Unfortunately I ended up back on the cigs... Back again to give vaping another go, a serious go.
So last time I was using a general starter kit which I wasn't particularly keen on. This time i'd like to go for a mod - one of the square looking ones. Could anyone suggest which mods and tanks would be good to get?
Thanks in advance :)

A couple of mods I have been looking at are:
- Coolfire 4
- Kanger subox mini kit
- istick 40

Also advice on where to buy would be greatly appreciated

Congrats on coming back to vaping. :)

A lot of folk seem to get on with the Subox kit, it offers pre-built coils and a rebuildable section, and comes with everything you need apart from a battery and some juice. (which you may already have).

You can get some good deals at DNA vapes or MyEpack if you're looking at buying from the UK. Or try Fasttech or Gearbest if you have more patience than budget.

As above mate, the subox kit is quite a versatile product and should let you explore different vaping styles. The websites mentioned as solid too. Have at it!

Unfortunately I ended up back on the cigs... Back again to give vaping another go, a serious go.
So last time I was using a general starter kit which I wasn't particularly keen on. This time i'd like to go for a mod - one of the square looking ones. Could anyone suggest which mods and tanks would be good to get?
Thanks in advance :)

A couple of mods I have been looking at are:
- Coolfire 4
- Kanger subox mini kit
- istick 40

Also advice on where to buy would be greatly appreciated

I was in the same position as you. My ego just wasn't doing it for me and I ended up back on cigs.
After trawling the internet and getting great advice on here, I bought an iStick 50w and Nautilus tank from fasttech.

I think though it really depends on what you want to do with it!

I wasn't interested in becoming 'a vaper' - I have no desire for sub ohming or dripping. I just wanted something to help me cut down on cigs and then quit smoking, that I can the slowly reduce the nicotine content and then stop vaping too.

If you're like me, then my set up is good - I want mouth to lung hits as this is closest to the experience of smoking a cigarette. The nautilus is great for this, and the iStick 50 will last me nearly a week.

The other thing to consider - when I used the ego, I was using crap juice. I hadn't realised just what was out there! My new setup made the juices taste really disgusting. I invested in loads of different tobacco based juices, and they got me over the first month or so. After that my tastes changed and I can't vape anything tobacco based.

My point it - don't spend a lot on huge bottles of juice - find a few from reputable suppliers an buy small bottles. If you stop enjoying them, switch to something else - don't go back to the cigs!

I was vaping Epic Juice, RY4, Mad Cowboy etc. Now I vape Mother's Milk all day, and have a vanilla custard, a cream, and a fruit flavour to occasionally break it up.

I enjoy them so much that I had my last cig 8 days ago. Thanks to vaping, I've finally broken a 20 a day, 20 year habit.

Hope that helps a bit - and good luck to you

I want mouth to lung hits as this is closest to the experience of smoking a cigarette.

This is a popular misconception. Smoking has 2 stages - draw into the mouth, suck down into the lungs. The pleasure comes from the second stage, and lung hits reproduce this far better than mouth to lung.

There is no reason for new vapers to start on MTL, and in my experience the success rate for those going straight into sub-ohming is much higher.

I'm not saying one way is better than the other, simply that new vapers will have more success going straight to sub-ohming.

Having been vaping for 6 months now I've got a couple of mods and mouth to lung tanks as well as direct to lung subohm tanks and I'm quite happy with the mix.
But if I was starting again I would probably opt for the Subox Mini kit as it will easily cover both styles of vaping. Though the other two you mention are good. One of those with a Nautilus Mini would be great for replacing the cigs.

Having been vaping for 6 months now I've got a couple of mods and mouth to lung tanks as well as direct to lung subohm tanks and I'm quite happy with the mix.
But if I was starting again I would probably opt for the Subox Mini kit as it will easily cover both styles of vaping. Though the other two you mention are good. One of those with a Nautilus Mini would be great for replacing the cigs.

Would the nautilus mini also be ok on the subox?

Would the nautilus mini also be ok on the subox?
A Nautilus Mini would work fine on the Subox. (10 to 12 watts)

You get a Subtank Mini tank with the Subox kit which is a great tank and gives you three options of mouth to lung [MTL] with the 1.2 or 1.5 ohm coil, direct to lung [DTL] with the 0.5 ohm coil and the rebuildable deck [RBA] for when you are ready to build your own coils.

i'm using the Istick 40w TC and a nautilus mini (2ml tank) for my daily carry around vape which at 9-11w lasts me just about all day ( i almost chain vape) but i have to plug it in again late evening

it's the only piece of vape equipment i own (not tried any others) and i stopped smoking about 5 weeks ago with it (40 rollies a day), nice and easy to use with a very simple menu (runs in power or temperature control modes and supports both nickel and titanium in TC)

the tank/coils are only suitable for low wattages in my opinion as it's easy to get a dry hit once up at 15w or above (the wicking won't keep pace) it's a really basic tank that only comes with factoy built coils as standard BUT there is an aftermarket rebuildable deck that's just become available if you're interested (going to be a fiddly bastard to build on though) which i've just ordered through ebay to try out (i'm game for a laugh)

i'm not in anyway suggesting the gear i've got is the ideal tool for your use but it's done what i wanted/needed to help me quit the tobacco being as i had been smoking for 45 years or so

p.s.
always carry your charger/lead or spare batteries when out and about along with spare juice, it's really difficult for me if i run low to resist another cigarette should i run out, on my camping weekends i'll be carrying at least 30ml of juice stashed in my landrover along with another 30ml in my camping bag in case i lose my pocket bottle plus a spare charge lead

hopefully something in my ramble might be of help

Back
Top Bottom