What's new

UTA2 clone Vs Infinite KF4

Clownstyle

Achiever
Wanting to get something for MTL that is rebuild-able.

I love sub ohming and clapton wires as much as the next person, but realised I don't actually own a good MTL tank anymore - for when blowing massive clouds inst appropriate :)

I was looking at either the UTA2 or the infinite KF4 clone from FT.

Anyone have experience with these?

I'm open to other options as well.

I've got two UTA2 clones, one from the second group buy and the other from the final group buy. Both are used with the airflow wide open for restricted lung hits. One has a quad twisted 32awg coil at 0.5 ish, other has a NiFe30 temp control build at present - but I've tried them at various resistances. The one from the final group buy has a slightly tighter draw than the other, and both are always used with the drop kit. Close the airflow right off gives a very good MTL.

I like them, easy to build, wick and fill, good flavour, and you get loads of extras including, tank holder, atty stand, metal and plastic tanks - cons, both collect condensation in the drip tip well, and also in the base, easily sorted by drying them out (drip tip well maybe twice a day, base once a week or so)

The kits have been coming up on here recently for £25.

Cant comment on the KF4, never tried one.

Long answer short, UTA V2.
Just ordered another myself from Gearbest £18.

Long answer short, UTA V2.
Just ordered another myself from Gearbest £18.
I've got two UTA2 clones, one from the second group buy and the other from the final group buy. Both are used with the airflow wide open for restricted lung hits. One has a quad twisted 32awg coil at 0.5 ish, other has a NiFe30 temp control build at present - but I've tried them at various resistances. The one from the final group buy has a slightly tighter draw than the other, and both are always used with the drop kit. Close the airflow right off gives a very good MTL.

I like them, easy to build, wick and fill, good flavour, and you get loads of extras including, tank holder, atty stand, metal and plastic tanks - cons, both collect condensation in the drip tip well, and also in the base, easily sorted by drying them out (drip tip well maybe twice a day, base once a week or so)

The kits have been coming up on here recently for £25.

Cant comment on the KF4, never tried one.
Thanks Kevin and Stevo for the great writeup .. I really wanted to try the UTA anyway, just wanted some confirmation :)

Placed an order on gearbest and went for this one:

http://www.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_204279.html

I had a UTA2, the most disappointing tank I've owned. I also have a KF4, don't get on with that either. I don't know if it's suited to what you're looking for but the Hurricane is a great atty, I have the Tobeco clone and it's superb.

I've got both and i reckon the UTA is easier to deal with. The kf4 has so many parts and they can generate all kinds of fannying about when they seize up or unexpectedly fail to perform and turn into a 50 piece mechano puzzle. Many hours spent (have you seen the parts schematic for a kf4?) Get them both though and find out for yourself but I reckon get the UTA first, less of a learning curve. :)

Another to think about is the Taifun gt2, very easy to build on and very forgiving with wicking, also fantastic flavour!
I own several (clones) and wouldn't be without them.

Where could I buy the Tobeco Hurricane please ? Also is it the V2 version ?

Back
Top Bottom