What's new

Possible first multi-flavour success!

tachikoma

Postman
So some of you might have seen I have wasted gallons of diy liquid trying to make something myself that wasn't shit or just a single flavour, I think I have finally got a good 'in

10% Capella Sweet Strawberry
7.5% Capella Vanilla Custard V1
7.5% Capella New York Cheesecake
1 drop Vape Wizard per 10ml

Made this about 4 days ago and initially it had that same terrible sour aroma that my previous attempts with Capella Sweet Strawberry have had. Got a Derringer dripper today and figured I would test it out on potentially crap juices just in case, and you know what? Even though this still needs steeping for another week at least, it is really good!

Was searching out recipes for the ingredients I already had and found a nice sounding one with custard, strawberry and another ingredient I didn't have so figured I would substitute it for the Cheesecake and it worked a treat!

Strawberry isn't overpowering but has a good flavour, the custard has added sweetness and balance to the strawberry and the Cheesecake has given it a creamy kick with a nice biscuit exhale. With a longer steep this should get even creamier so going to order some bigger bottles and make up a big batch.

It's obviously going to be pretty basic for most people but I'm over the moon to have made something that isn't "just custard", pre-mixed concentrates or something so bad it is destined to kill the local waterlife by going down the sink.

CAP Cheesecake takes an age to steep into a mix, I know that.

Don't leave it long enough and it just smells like cheese!

CAP Cheesecake takes an age to steep into a mix, I know that.

Don't leave it long enough and it just smells like cheese!

LOL probably shouldn't have made up 400ml of the stuff then!

Should be ok though, I'm getting through it pretty quick, been staying down the Mrs' house a lot lately so not been having the cheeky morning smoke and I'm getting through a lot more liquid.

LOL probably shouldn't have made up 400ml of the stuff then!

Should be ok though, I'm getting through it pretty quick, been staying down the Mrs' house a lot lately so not been having the cheeky morning smoke and I'm getting through a lot more liquid.

Well, I say an age.. About as long as custard. Might have to make some of this up.

Need to order more cheesecake though, and I've never used vape wizard... What does it do exactly, just round out the mix?

Well, I say an age.. About as long as custard. Might have to make some of this up.

Need to order more cheesecake though, and I've never used vape wizard... What does it do exactly, just round out the mix?

Does a bit of everything really, reduces the perceived PH, I find the Capella Sweet Strawberry incredibly sour above a few % and this just kicks that back a bit, there's MTS (mellow, thick, smooth) in there as well which mellows and rounds off some of the flavours, and apparently increases clouds, but I find this mix isn't very cloudy, but that may just be because it's 71% VG due to all the flavourings and I'm used to 80% VG.

Does a bit of everything really, reduces the perceived PH, I find the Capella Sweet Strawberry incredibly sour above a few % and this just kicks that back a bit, there's MTS (mellow, thick, smooth) in there as well which mellows and rounds off some of the flavours, and apparently increases clouds, but I find this mix isn't very cloudy, but that may just be because it's 71% VG due to all the flavourings and I'm used to 80% VG.

I've thrown some MTS in with my latest concentrate order and a 10ml of CAP cheesecake.

I've got some INW biscuit in my concentrates box so might add a bit of that into your mix. From what I remember I wanted more biscuit base from the cap cheesecake last time I tried it.

I've thrown some MTS in with my latest concentrate order and a 10ml of CAP cheesecake.

I've got some INW biscuit in my concentrates box so might add a bit of that into your mix. From what I remember I wanted more biscuit base from the cap cheesecake last time I tried it.

Aye thought about adding some Graham Cracker to mine, but I find it very easy to overdo on that, and I'm not a fan of cinnamon vapes.

Might order in some more concentrates and try a V2 of this recipe with Graham Cracker and Malted Milk or Sweet Cream and reduce the current flavours a few percent, can't take PG higher than this, as much as I love this recipe it's still a bit throat kick-y for me.

Back
Top Bottom