What's new

Temp control vaping

All I have to add is that I've got a very simple dual 7 wrap NiFe30 build in this here Velocity clone, coming in at .17 ohms, and it's all the vape I'd ever need. Performs fine as low as 320F and from there it's just a case of adding 10 degrees per puff to see where the flavour and vapour temp is most to my liking. Totally stable and adjustable, take monster drags and literally never even think about whether it might dry hit. That puff not as cloudy as the last? Must be time to drip. Big vapour and flavour, hits instantly and stays at exactly the temp I've already decided I like best.

I like it.

Last edited:
Thin wire, easy as can be to coil with. Install coils and adjust spacing to your heart's content with a precision flathead - niffy doesn't give a fuck. These coils nearly a couple of weeks old and look like new with no dry burning or cleaning except a slosh in soapy water. My best advice if you build with temp wires is don't ever heat them in any way when making your coils. Just keep them well spaced and wick them. Keep wicks loose. No resistance to pulling the wick through. None. Juice it and enjoy.
Niffy2.jpg

I still prefer titanium though but it is a bit more work.

Last edited:
Very interesting read of this discussion, not sure where it leaves me.
I have tinkered and have decided the most I'm going to do is bung pre made coils into my dropper or use the manufacturers heads in my kangers, so my question is, with that time in he year il buy myself a new set up, should I avoided the e-vic mini as that's what I was drawn to

...hmmm, so this gets thrown back at the juice manufacturers again ... that's effectively written off TC for me. :(

Jeez, you don't seem to be able to take it that TC Isn't a "Magic Bullet" for all your vaping woes. No One was throwing anything back at the Juice makers - merely stating that some flavourings actually start to burn at the point that VG starts to vapourise and that the only solution is to develop more stable flavourings for those. It doesn't mean TC is useless or that it should be written off. In fact it means that with those juices TC is even MORE essential! If the temp can be controlled and held at the point where the flavourings are JUST starting to burn then you'll get fewer nasties than if you put the same juice in a Kanthal build and let it cook away.

It's become obvious that you just don't like TC and take every chance to find a reason to say "That writes off TC for me". Fine don't use TC then we don't mind - but quit harping on Ad Nauseum that "this writes off TC for me" - we're getting sick of hearing it...

@Tubbyengineer , I don't know who you collectively refer to as "we" ... have you assumed the status of royalty or do you speak on behalf of a group that I'm unaware of?

You don't understand my issues here, neither do you want to; you haven't understood my motivation neither do you wish to ... so feel free to butt out unless you have something constructive to offer. I had the impression that this was a member's forum where one member helps out another ... you prefer the approach of telling members to stop posting when you don't have answers?

Far from seeking a magic bullet, I set specific goals based on the claims made by proponents of TC ... like yourself. I'm a happy kanthal vaper, contrary to seeking to end "all my vaping woes" I want to discover whether TC can actually deliver on these claims ... for me. If I give it a decent crack and it fails to deliver then I feel entitled to say so. If I'm struggling with it, then maybe others are too. TC may not be for everyone, just as using RDAs or vaping menthol is not for everyone. Why can't you cope with an opinion that differs from your own? Are you going to get butt hurt every time a vaper says ... "no, TC is not working for me" ?

I'm getting grumpier by the day, seriously. It has to be a hormonal thing I'm starting to understand. Who knew grumpy old man was a real condition.

I'm getting grumpier by the day, seriously. It has to be a hormonal thing I'm starting to understand. Who knew grumpy old man was a real condition.

Brought about by teenagers or hitting your 40's, either or both will do it.

Brought about by teenagers or hitting your 40's, either or both will do it.
I'm 55 ... my lads are 19 and 17 ... I've always wanted to be a grumpy old man ... in my mid 20's I dreamed of owning the corner house, with a big, boundary wall that had glass shards cemented on top ... but the nannies made that illegal ... it's a terrible thing to kill a man's dream.

Back
Top Bottom