What's new

New to Coil building- which is the most suitable kit?

krish123

Initiate
Hi Guys,

I want to start building my own coils now and have the rebuildable section for both the crown tank and the smok tfv4 tank.

I want to buy a kit so I have all the tools I need to do the job properly, and have seen the coil master v3 kit.

Is this the best and most suitable kit to go for?

I will also need some wire, which would you recommend? Im more a flavour man than pure clouds.

Also does anyone know a good site I can get the kit,wire and cotton from at a good price?

I would rather get the whole lot from the same place.

cheers

Hi, The coil master kits are great imo, all the tools necessary to build to your hearts content, I know redjuice has the kit for £35 they also have a range of wick and wire, also stealthvape have lots of wire choices, they do a sample pack of wires with different gauges, they also have coil calculator app and on their site
Also make sure to familiarise yourself with ohms law and relevant battery safety
https://redjuice.co.uk/parts-and-accessories/tools/coil-master-diy-kit-v2.html

Hi

i also have the uwell crown tank with RBA section ! I use the coil master with 2.5mm diameter and khantal 26awg (0.40mm) with about 6 turns (gives me around 0.67ohm) and for the wick i use japonese cotton . I love the crown with RBA section and i dont have any wicking problems !

here a pic with my coil/wick (this was with Twisted khantal but i prefer normal khantal 26awg)

Attachments

• crown22.jpg
    crown22.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 63
Spend the money on a decent set of micro screwdrivers, you'll have every size you need for coil wrapping and useful tools for daily use.

Coil wrapping kits are the most unnecessary items in vaping. Watch some videos on YT to see how simple it is, then head over to Stealthvape for some Cotton Bacon V2 and some 0.3, 0.4 and 0.5 Kanthal.

Coil wrapping kits are the most unnecessary items in vaping..

are you talking about things like the coil master/kuro?

i can wrap an ok coil around a screw driver but then ive got to heat it,pinch it,heat it,strum it ect.

using a coil master i can wrap one give it 1 drag with a screw driver and it heats up perfect.

the most unnecessary items in vaping are imo vape bands :p

Thanks for the replies guys, I went and bought the coil master v3 coiling tool from red juice, and also bought cotton bacon and some ni200 wire 26AWG from stealthvapes, just waiting on the cotton and wire now.

When making coils with ni200 am I correct u need to have a slight spacing between the coils? and also you do not need to pulse the coil once its ready?

whats this cotton bacon like? iv heard good things

yep i also agree the coilmaster/kuro are great vaping acessories !
even for temp control Wires @ Spaced coils , with coil master you can make a PERFECT spaced coil with Titanium .

check this review from my portuguese friend Daniel and how easy is to make a Titanium spaced coil using a coil master :

best regards

Last edited:
yep i also agree the coilmaster/kuro are great vaping acessories !
even for temp control Wires @ Spaced coils , with coil master you can make a PERFECT spaced coil with Titanium .

check this review from my portuguese friend Daniel and how easy is to make a Titanium spaced coil using a coiol master :

best regards

Admittedly, I've never worked with titanium or nickel so have no idea of the benefits..............

are you talking about things like the coil master/kuro?

i can wrap an ok coil around a screw driver but then ive got to heat it,pinch it,heat it,strum it ect.

using a coil master i can wrap one give it 1 drag with a screw driver and it heats up perfect.

the most unnecessary items in vaping are imo vape bands :p

...................and it sounds like it saves you around 10 seconds on each coil so it must be worthwhile. :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom