What's new

Abyss AIO

• Thread starter Deleted member 54254
  • Start date

Storm are the older ones along with the Black and the Classic, both are the ones i had, the Black one was the worst of the 2 and that made me sell them both. I got them back and i know i gave one to my Son but can't think what i did with the other. The Amethyst, NATO and i think 2 or 3 other Colours are the newer ones.

Sorry to hear buddy. I’ve tested with a couple bridges so far. With the mobb mini it seeped but with the vapeshell I haven’t had a drop.

QUOTE="LordOdin, post: 2527553, member: 63969"]Storm are the older ones along with the Black and the Classic, both are the ones i had, the Black one was the worst of the 2 and that made me sell them both. I got them back and i know i gave one to my Son but can't think what i did with the other. The Amethyst, NATO and i think 2 or 3 other Colours are the newer ones.[/QUOTE]
That's interesting to k now. I might turn it into a project. Clean it out, remove the board and pop a DNA 60 in it. Run it as a SBS. Can't be that difficult (says he with zero electrics kit / knowledge)...

QUOTE="LordOdin, post: 2527553, member: 63969"]Storm are the older ones along with the Black and the Classic, both are the ones i had, the Black one was the worst of the 2 and that made me sell them both. I got them back and i know i gave one to my Son but can't think what i did with the other. The Amethyst, NATO and i think 2 or 3 other Colours are the newer ones.
That's interesting to k now. I might turn it into a project. Clean it out, remove the board and pop a DNA 60 in it. Run it as a SBS. Can't be that difficult (says he with zero electrics kit / knowledge)...[/QUOTE]

The other 2 are Mar's and Tidal. I think SBS is the way to go though i have some Vaporesso EUC Coils i need to use up. If Condensation is a problem with the new one i will just get rid. I think i read that the problem had been sorted with the newer versions but could be wrong.

So the newer ones are amethyst, NATO, Mars and tidal? Can anyone confirm as the supplier is potentially offering a replacement.

yes those 4 are the new ones. i like Amethyst as a colour anyway but mainly because it's a newer model.

I am afraid that the so called "modifications" to the newer ones haven't really addressed the well known issues from what I have been hearing. As far as I was concerned, SBS was the ONLY way to use an Abyss to be 100% certain of not running into problems, which I still consider sad. The "idea" was exceptionally good, but sadly the design issues let it down so badly. Hopefully, one day, someone will come up with a similar idea, but will have also addressed the "issues" that have hounded the Abyss from day one. :(

I am afraid that the so called "modifications" to the newer ones haven't really addressed the well known issues from what I have been hearing. As far as I was concerned, SBS was the ONLY way to use an Abyss to be 100% certain of not running into problems, which I still consider sad. The "idea" was exceptionally good, but sadly the design issues let it down so badly. Hopefully, one day, someone will come up with a similar idea, but will have also addressed the "issues" that have hounded the Abyss from day one. :(

Is it a tank problem rather than a mod problem? I don't think the tank seals properly Rob.

The Condensation gets everywhere and it's a pain to keep under control. I used to check it everytime i filled the Tank and wipe everything down but in the end even that wasn't enough. We were told ways of how to strip it down and dry it out that way but i was one of them that thought i shouldn't have to do that so never did. I think @Rob stripped his down but can't honestly remember. I never did i know that, well don't remember doing it.

Back
Top Bottom