What's new

Who's had it, how was it, and how are you?

Yeah, a relief as she's classed as vulnerable and supposedly gets offered extra treatments within 24hrs of uploading a positive result. It's why I've had her testing twice a day whilst she was ill. Haven't seen her in 10 days because she never tested positive. Just in case it was something else I couldn't risk giving her COVID on top. No booze, no wifey. Been a long week+

Got off very lightly compared to so many others tho.
That’s good you’re all ok now, my wife is vulnerable when she had Covid she was given an antibiotic course which doesn’t get rid of Covid but eases the side effects of it.

That’s good you’re all ok now, my wife is vulnerable when she had Covid she was given an antibiotic course which doesn’t get rid of Covid but eases the side effects of it.
Thanks mate.

Yeah, makes sense. Would also prevent secondary infections. Don't think it's uncommon for viral infections to cause secondary bacterial ones.

Tbh, I have no idea what their "extra treatments" means. I could be way off but I thought it might've been that new anti-covid pill you take just after testing positive. She got an email a while back along with a PCR test in the post, which she duly lost when we sold the house and moved out. Email said that once she uploads a positive test the NHS will contact her within 24hrs, and if they don't she has to call her GP or 111 for an urgent referral.

Thanks mate.

Yeah, makes sense. Would also prevent secondary infections. Don't think it's uncommon for viral infections to cause secondary bacterial ones.

Tbh, I have no idea what their "extra treatments" means. I could be way off but I thought it might've been that new anti-covid pill you take just after testing positive. She got an email a while back along with a PCR test in the post, which she duly lost when we sold the house and moved out. Email said that once she uploads a positive test the NHS will contact her within 24hrs, and if they don't she has to call her GP or 111 for an urgent referral.
Yes wife had to ring 111 and got referred she should have gone and had an intravenous treatment but the clinic didn’t have wheelchair access so I had to collect the antibiotics from there.

Yes wife had to ring 111 and got referred she should have gone and had an intravenous treatment but the clinic didn’t have wheelchair access so I had to collect the antibiotics from there.

Couldnt make it up. Refer someone who's vulnerable and in a wheelchair for treatment at a clinic with no wheelchair access. :doh:

Did say I could've been way off. If antibiotics is the scope of their "extra treatments" then they could save a lot of fuckaboutery by simply sending an email saying if you test positive start taking the antibiotics you've got in your drawer straight away. I would imagine the number of clinically vulnerable people with antibiotics at home would be pretty high. And if they dont, it shouldn't take but an hour to phone your surgery, explain to a receptionist, and have a doctor write a prescription and send it to your local chemist.

How did your wife get on with COVID?

Couldnt make it up. Refer someone who's vulnerable and in a wheelchair for treatment at a clinic with no wheelchair access. :doh:

Did say I could've been way off. If antibiotics is the scope of their "extra treatments" then they could save a lot of fuckaboutery by simply sending an email saying if you test positive start taking the antibiotics you've got in your drawer straight away. I would imagine the number of clinically vulnerable people with antibiotics at home would be pretty high. And if they dont, it shouldn't take but an hour to phone your surgery, explain to a receptionist, and have a doctor write a prescription and send it to your local chemist.

How did your wife get on with COVID?
Believe it or not they worked a treat she wasn’t to bad with it thanks, had to collect the pills from the hospital but they definitely worked.

Yeah, a relief as she's classed as vulnerable and supposedly gets offered extra treatments within 24hrs of uploading a positive result. It's why I've had her testing twice a day whilst she was ill. Haven't seen her in 10 days because she never tested positive. Just in case it was something else I couldn't risk giving her COVID on top. No booze, no wifey. Been a long week+

Got off very lightly compared to so many others tho.

Glad you all got over it quickly mate.

Does anyone has experience with post covid issues? Finished with symptoms 2 weeks ago, but still feeling tired and exhausted most of the time. Taking some light walks to get back in shape slowly but nothing that should make me feel like this.

Does anyone has experience with post covid issues? Finished with symptoms 2 weeks ago, but still feeling tired and exhausted most of the time. Taking some light walks to get back in shape slowly but nothing that should make me feel like this.

They say to contact your GP/111 if you have symptoms after 4 weeks now as you may have long COVID.

I tested positive yesterday, didn't feel too bad then today feel like a bus has hit me, bit miserable with the heatwave we are having on top.

They say to contact your GP/111 if you have symptoms after 4 weeks now as you may have long COVID.

I tested positive yesterday, didn't feel too bad then today feel like a bus has hit me, bit miserable with the heatwave we are having on top.
Thanks for the info about long covid and hope you get well soon. Scheduled examination package for tomorrow. This include blood tests, lungs and heart ultra sound and x ray, spirometry and maybe some more, can't remember exactly. Hope doctors can do something to make me feel less like crap. Was skipping work this week and not sure how long can i skip it further. Also kids want to play, can't skip kids of course :)

Back
Top Bottom