What's new

Mouthful of juice

omroth

Postman
Hey guys.

I'm slowly getting better at building. I was not using enough wick before, and now I'm getting longer wick and coil life and basically got rid of spitting .

But now I'm getting a mouthful of juice on longer draws. I think this might be due to the wicks touching the chimney?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sometimes a too narrow drip tip will do that, when the bore of the tip is narrower than the chimney bore.

too small chamber too. i had this problem with the hastur mini. doesn’t suit a certain type of puff.

I get this on the nevermore with certain tips, also it seems to happen more on 50/50 juice.

i think it is caused by a combination of factors. too small chamber, too narrow chimney, narrow tip and floating raised style deck. if you puff too hard or long it basically functions like a straw, the suction pulls liquid through the wick holes and right up through the tip and you get a big mouthful of liquid.

You could reduce the chances of a mouthful of juice if you increase the power so the coil vaporises the excess juice pulled into the cotton, or add a little more wick to the juice ports (you don't necessarily have to rewick - just take tiny offcuts of cotton and poke them it into the juice ports).

Of course this can balls everything else up. I just fiddle around until I find the best compromise.

Back
Top Bottom