What's new

Wicking the True

omroth

Postman
This is too much right? I want the wick to be long enough to get under the platform, but not so wide that it goes over the thread?

Attachments

• 20210415_112512.jpg
    20210415_112512.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 71
Personally I would cut it a quite a bit fatter and much shorter, so that the tails of the wick bung up the top part of the juice well, and don't hang below it.

I had some trouble recently and got a few pointers in this 2 pg thread ... end result was it needed to be much fatter than I normally would make it, the cotton was tighter than normal in the coil IIRC.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...ads/true-tank-leaks-gurgles-and-slops.204216/

I also thought it’s too long. I used to cut mine so that it was just a touch longer than the deck at the top of the threads

Thanks - will try that. This is actually vaping quite nicely.

The bundled coils are Ni80. I'm assuming I should be using that for this tank? I've got 28 Guage A1 and 316L - how is the experience likely to differ if I make 1Ohm coils with that?

Thanks - will try that. This is actually vaping quite nicely.

The bundled coils are Ni80. I'm assuming I should be using that for this tank? I've got 28 Guage A1 and 316L - how is the experience likely to differ if I make 1Ohm coils with that?

you can use whatever wire you like, there's no 'should' about it, it's all personal preference.

Loving the tank. It's quite a "wet" vape, but I like that, adds to the flavour.

That's a normal thing for MTLers to like right?

I rate this tank very highly, one of my favourites and always in use. I have never had any leaking issues at all I make sure that the grooves are filled and cut it at the bottom of the grooves, seems to work for me.

Back
Top Bottom