What's new

Aspire Nautilus GT

Hopefully I don't get any wicking issues with mine. Looks like a beautiful tank.

Got a mate sourcing me a brand new stainless one along with two packs of 0.7 reg coils tomorrow morning. Can't wait.

Just got home and set it up, unfortunately my mate thought he had a stainless in but he didn't so went gunmetal.

I immediately binned the 0.7 mesh coil, a bore that size has no place in a MTL tank, IMO. I primed and stuck a regular 0.7 coil in, only took two pulls at 12w whilst bedding in, flavour is already better than I was getting from the zlide 1.6ohm and the cotton hasn't broke in yet. I never imagined that would be the case. Hopefully the coils and wicking hold up, I've had issues with Nautilus coils in the past, with 50/50 juice.

I used to run the 0.7 at 15w in the billet box, so I plan to do the same with this, but I have the benefit of being able to close the airflow down.

Very pleased, so far. If I still feel the same in a few days, it has passed my test.

Just got home and set it up, unfortunately my mate thought he had a stainless in but he didn't so went gunmetal.

I immediately binned the 0.7 mesh coil, a bore that size has no place in a MTL tank, IMO. I primed and stuck a regular 0.7 coil in, only took two pulls at 12w whilst bedding in, flavour is already better than I was getting from the zlide 1.6ohm and the cotton hasn't broke in yet. I never imagined that would be the case. Hopefully the coils and wicking hold up, I've had issues with Nautilus coils in the past, with 50/50 juice.

I used to run the 0.7 at 15w in the billet box, so I plan to do the same with this, but I have the benefit of being able to close the airflow down.

Very pleased, so far. If I still feel the same in a few days, it has passed my test.
I have 1.6 coils in my zlide and I can say theres not as much flavour as there is in the gt.

I don't mind the 0.7 mesh, with the airflow at half it's a loose mtl, but I can only really get about 20ml of sweet juice before it's burnt, the 1.8aoi coils are pretty good for flavour and longevity.

I don't mind the 0.7 mesh, with the airflow at half it's a loose mtl, but I can only really get about 20ml of sweet juice before it's burnt, the 1.8aoi coils are pretty good for flavour and longevity.

I like a tighter draw and air pressure is important which is reliant on a small coil bore, so the mesh is not for me. I intent to try the 1.8 ns coil at some point, but I don't think it'd be warm enough or produce enough vapour for me. I might stick the 1.6ohm in to test before deciding if I should order some of the ns coils.

I might be heading out shortly, if I do I'll pop into the local VPZ and see if they have 1.8 ns coil in stock. They do sell them, just hope mine has stock.

Didn't have any in stock unfortunately, I'll pick some up from wholesale coils soon.

Thought I'd update the thread on a couple of findings now I've used the tank for a good few days.

I have noticed some nautilus coils, from the same pack, have differences in machining tolerance on the shell itself. It is very tight to get the top cap's ultem section into the coil on some causing it to damage the o-rings and yes I always lubricate every o-ring and I made sure to lubricate these ones from the moment I got the tank and everytime I clean the tank. This corresponds with my findings using the 0.7ohm coils in the Billet Box, I had one or two coils that refused to screw into the bridge chimney, I can't remember if it was a size or threading issue, all genuine coils from wholesale coils. I suspect the machining on the shells is not super consistent.

My other issue is flooding upon filling, whether I close the airflow or not, I make a point to fill as fast as possible so that the tank is open for the shortest amount of time, but 7 times out of 10 I'll get gurgling. Anyone else have this, or know of a possible solution? I'm aware of turning upside down and blowing through the mouthpiece or shaking out the excess, but I'm hoping to avoid it happening all together.

Before I forget, I use 50/50 juice.

Cheers.

Didn't have any in stock unfortunately, I'll pick some up from wholesale coils soon.

Thought I'd update the thread on a couple of findings now I've used the tank for a good few days.

I have noticed some nautilus coils, from the same pack, have differences in machining tolerance on the shell itself. It is very tight to get the top cap's ultem section into the coil on some causing it to damage the o-rings and yes I always lubricate every o-ring and I made sure to lubricate these ones from the moment I got the tank and everytime I clean the tank. This corresponds with my findings using the 0.7ohm coils in the Billet Box, I had one or two coils that refused to screw into the bridge chimney, I can't remember if it was a size or threading issue, all genuine coils from wholesale coils. I suspect the machining on the shells is not super consistent.

My other issue is flooding upon filling, whether I close the airflow or not, I make a point to fill as fast as possible so that the tank is open for the shortest amount of time, but 7 times out of 10 I'll get gurgling. Anyone else have this, or know of a possible solution? I'm aware of turning upside down and blowing through the mouthpiece or shaking out the excess, but I'm hoping to avoid it happening all together.

Before I forget, I use 50/50 juice.

Cheers.

Hi. So the coil side of it I don’t know as I’m using the vapito coils that are miles better in my opinion.. so no issues with coil tols but the flooding while filling o to have that issue .. no initially I thought it was because I have drilled out the holes on the chimney and thus causing a issue but now you have having this issue with a non drilled chimney I can rule that out .. I’ve also tried everything and nothing seems to work ... I’ve resorted to the tank off and blow way hahaha glad your liking the tank other than these niggles

Hi. So the coil side of it I don’t know as I’m using the vapito coils that are miles better in my opinion.. so no issues with coil tols but the flooding while filling o to have that issue .. no initially I thought it was because I have drilled out the holes on the chimney and thus causing a issue but now you have having this issue with a non drilled chimney I can rule that out .. I’ve also tried everything and nothing seems to work ... I’ve resorted to the tank off and blow way hahaha glad your liking the tank other than these niggles

O but im using 70/30 juice and not 50/50

@DL04LRL It is strange because I wasn't getting any gurgling initially either, it slowly started happening and then became more frequent. Thankfully mine is still wicking like a champ.

The first 0.7 coil I used, the ultem section slid in there like butter once I juiced the o-rings up, that coil lasted three days on an NET juice, the second coil was really tight when putting the top cap on, it got easier after a few fills but that seems to be because it has chewed the o-rings up a bit.

Do we know if the two small o-rings on the ultem coil connector are integral to the seal and pressure of the tank at all? Or is that taken care of by the large o-ring on the top?

Back
Top Bottom