What's new

Pandora MTL RTA by Yachtvape

Still enjoying puffing away on the Precisio on the Target mini tho, it's the setup I reach for most frequently especially when I go out into the garden and it's quieter than either the Pandora or the KF Lite when sitting at the PC at this time of night..
Tbh I've pretty severe tinnitus from years of guitar abuse so I'd bare that in mind when I talk about noisy airflow. That said, Mrs kid can hear a gnat fart so she'd soon throw me daggers if a tank was too loud.
For anyone reading this (I know an awful lot of non members will be checking this) I'd also note that it's early doors yet. It normally takes a few weeks to find any wrinkles but it's deck one of the most flexible and promising tanks I've come across.

For sure, I think we're kinda splitting hairs trying to differentiate between them all. I don't think anyone should feel disappointed if they can only afford to pick up one of them, they're all excellent tanks.

Sorry for the long words.

Glad I didn't post yesterday as it would have been more negative I think, but I am three builds in now and this morning it's performing much better.

Undercoil: 1.2mm, AFC: smallest setting. Coil 28AWG Kanthal, 2.5mm, 7 wraps @ 1.2ohm. Cotton Bacon v2.

For me it's not a Doggystyle beater and I'm starting to wonder if anything ever will be. With that said and done and out of the way, I find it's much more of Kayfun Lite 2019 contender (Build quality included) and against that it stands up very well indeed considering it's over half the price.

One thing I have learned is that you have to remember to drop that coil right down over the deck otherwise the vape is too airy no matter how you set everything else. As it has quite high deck posts and coil screw positions the coil naturally settles quite high up off the deck, too high for those who enjoy a very restricted vape. In Marks video he says he found the best place for the coil was for the top of the coil to be in line with the top of the deck posts, but IMO you should just aim for the usual bottom of the coil sitting 1-2mm above the deck and no more.

The tightest under-coil setting (1mm) is a non starter for me - too wheezy and seemed generally under-performing. The 1.2mm setting works well for me, as does the 1.4mm. I find you cannot make an under-coil adjustment with a coil and wick installed or even just a coil installed as you cant read the dial or see underneath the coil to confirm it's set correctly. This is unfortunate but only really a problem whilst you are dialing the tank in though as once you have found your ideal setting you're unlikely to want to adjust it further anyways.

Flavour is very good and no major leaking or gurgling so far.

I bought the Kayfun Lite 2019 MTL pin recently (to go in my authentic) and a Glaz, as well as this Pandora. I think they are all pretty much of a muchness to be honest. If I was blindfolded I'm not convinced I could tell which one of them I was vaping on. This is a good thing for the Glaz and Pandora, not so much the KFL as it's twice the cost and even more to buy the fixed pin (should have been free to owners of the authentic). The Glaz has that daft inner glass chamber that seemingly serves no useful purpose whatsoever other than being easier to break, so if I were buying again now it would be between the Pandora and the Kayfun. Out of those two I'd pick the Pandora for sure.

It's not the Doggystyle beater I was hoping for though and my search for that continues.

Sorry for the long words.

Glad I didn't post yesterday as it would have been more negative I think, but I am three builds in now and this morning it's performing much better.

Undercoil: 1.2mm, AFC: smallest setting. Coil 28AWG Kanthal, 2.5mm, 7 wraps @ 1.2ohm. Cotton Bacon v2.

For me it's not a Doggystyle beater and I'm starting to wonder if anything ever will be. With that said and done and out of the way, I find it's much more of Kayfun Lite 2019 contender (Build quality included) and against that it stands up very well indeed considering it's over half the price.

One thing I have learned is that you have to remember to drop that coil right down over the deck otherwise the vape is too airy no matter how you set everything else. As it has quite high deck posts and coil screw positions the coil naturally settles quite high up off the deck, too high for those who enjoy a very restricted vape. In Marks video he says he found the best place for the coil was for the top of the coil to be in line with the top of the deck posts, but IMO you should just aim for the usual bottom of the coil sitting 1-2mm above the deck and no more.

The tightest under-coil setting (1mm) is a non starter for me - too wheezy and seemed generally under-performing. The 1.2mm setting works well for me, as does the 1.4mm. I find you cannot make an under-coil adjustment with a coil and wick installed or even just a coil installed as you cant read the dial or see underneath the coil to confirm it's set correctly. This is unfortunate but only really a problem whilst you are dialing the tank in though as once you have found your ideal setting you're unlikely to want to adjust it further anyways.

Flavour is very good and no major leaking or gurgling so far.

I bought the Kayfun Lite 2019 MTL pin recently (to go in my authentic) and a Glaz, as well as this Pandora. I think they are all pretty much of a muchness to be honest. If I was blindfolded I'm not convinced I could tell which one of them I was vaping on. This is a good thing for the Glaz and Pandora, not so much the KFL as it's twice the cost and even more to buy the fixed pin (should have been free to owners of the authentic). The Glaz has that daft inner glass chamber that seemingly serves no useful purpose whatsoever other than being easier to break, so if I were buying again now it would be between the Pandora and the Kayfun. Out of those two I'd pick the Pandora for sure.

It's not the Doggystyle beater I was hoping for though and my search for that continues.
In all honesty does it need to be.
Once you've found that tank there's little need to worry.
I'm more than happy with the kayfun lites. Suits me and I'm unlikely to change. I use the cthulhu hastur mini with the single hole deck at home a lot too (The kayfuns are more robust for out and about).
As you say the kayfun maybe the cheapest in the line but it's still sixty to a hundred quid depending on finish so I tried the sxk before going genuine (something I've traditionally done before spending out) and decided I'm using it the most of all my tanks so I bought the genuine ones.
the hunt is just fun and if I've more important things to buy at home then I've no reason to look elsewhere. Often that happens for year's and I know with the kayfuns I've no issue's, they'll last year's and unless sm update the model there will always be spares around.
maybe worth picking up a genuine animodz or two and settling in it being your tank.
not sure how their recent le bastard tank vapes.
I know there's a lot of vapers that have found perfection with the doggystyle but I genuinely don't think over ever seen a genuine on here. (Not at all a knock, equally worth buying a back stock of clones) but I'd love to see someone do a review of a genuine and picture break down for us.

Good words @eyeball kid and I agree with everything you say. I can see why you love the Kayfun Lite 2019 and there is no better feeling than being able to buy authentic and support the original manufacturers when possible. Truth be told I do think Kayfuns are overpriced for what they are, but that hasn't stopped me buying authentics of pretty much all versions - my favourite being the Kayfun Mini v3. I have also bought many clones in the past too, mostly for the same reasons as you. I do feel my trust in SM has been damaged somewhat though over the KFL MTL pin issue and whether I continue to support them remains to be seen.

I have a lot of SXK Doggystyle clones. The reason for the hunt to beat it is two fold I think, firstly because I cannot buy a genuine version of it even if I could afford it (as you say they are super rare), and secondly because that AFC ring is such a nightmare to dial in every time for someone who wants a restricted vape (you can literally only use about 2-3% of the AFC or it just opens up completely). Apart from the AFC it's such a simple but effective tank design I just can't understand why no other manufacturer has tried to replicate it and just add a better AFC. It has sold so many clones (possibly more than any other RTA), if only Animodz had just mass produced it in the first place and sold it for £30, not the £180 or whatever crazy amount it was. Easy to say I know.

But you are right, it is fun to try out new things when funds are available and for sure in the meantime I am very happy with what I have.

My take on the Pandora is pretty much the same @binary and @eyeball kid is right, we hobby vapers tend to chase that tank that we hope is better than the last one and in my experience it rarely is but that’s where the fun is, Pandora, Glaz, Precisio, all similar but different and each will be favoured by some and disregarded by others. I’ve got all three and I’m sat with my Doggystyle in my hand about £80 down for fun.

Probably worth grabbing a few sxk doggystyle 16k ones from ft (yes they're running slow currently but they find you in the end). As I'm thinking sxk are finishing production.
kayfun is indeed a logo that you pay a premium for. Same with squape I've the little budget (lol) one of those too.
That said I remember the rose from eden mods and then showing me the price of materials and Labour costs per atomiser due to it being made here and I realised it was a bargain. The beautiful calix 's from by Leo were making him (billie) less than ten euro's per atomiser sold. Hence why he had to shut up shop
He said he could triple his weekly wage by switching to working as a waiter. No joke.
I do see the 16k come up reasonably regularly on the bus forums and obviously the 18k is still available at about €120.
I'd be interested to see a genuine broken down to find if you could still a hole in a clones airflow to your requirements and for it.

Good shout mate. Although I do have two new tanks in my spares box I should probably grab at least a couple more. I'll do that thanks.

I’m still really enjoying this tank - however this thread has pricked my curiosity on the presicio( sp?)

can anyone link we up ?

Back
Top Bottom