What's new

Government scared to go back to work - Hypocrite

It's no secret that I'd like all moggies to be put to death

"A rubbish version of Alton Towers" :rofl:

View attachment 219560
I'm all for making the fuckers queue like the rest of us but I'm sure there's a modern IT solution.
I mean, look at this forum's experience of Thread polls and that ilk...
Oh, right... I see...

I'm all for making the fuckers queue like the rest of us but I'm sure there's a modern IT solution.
I mean, look at this forum's experience of Thread polls and that ilk...
Oh, right... I see...
"The bananas have it, the bananas have it. Unlock."

Is it because of this :hmm:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/01/uks-...co=pushly-notifcation-small&utm_source=pushly

UK’s infection rate ‘is too high’ for lifting lockdown, top scientist warns
Sir David King says we should hang onto lockdown to prevent a second wave. The government’s former chief adviser has slammed plans to lift lockdown today, saying the number of new infections is the same now as it was when restrictions were first imposed in March. About 8,000 coronavirus cases are still being recorded each day – a figure that has been stable for the past three weeks. Sir David King, who has formed an independent scientific advisory group (SAGE), told Good Morning Britain: ‘The sooner we can undo the lockdown the sooner we can get our economy back into play, but we cannot undo the lockdown at a point where we are today, which is roughly the same point as when we went into lockdown…which is 8,000 new infections a day which has been stable for the last three weeks. ‘If we were going into lockdown at this point, surely that’s a very good reason to hang onto lockdown’. GMB: Former chief scientific adviser says its too soon to lift lockdown

Where did this '8,000 cases recorded a day' figure come from? That's not what the published figures show? All I heard was a projection that the figures could be 'up to 8,000 a day' in the wider, untested population?

Last edited:
Where did this '8,0000 cases recorded a day' figure come from? That's not what the published figures show? All I heard was a projection that the figures could be 'up to 8,0000 a day' in the wider, untested population?
India?

Where did this '8,0000 cases recorded a day' figure come from? That's not what the published figures show? All I heard was a projection that the figures could be 'up to 8,0000 a day' in the wider, untested population?
It’s was more like 2000 yesterday wasn’t it ?

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-uk-sage-advisers-lifting-lockdown-2869690

Professor John Edmunds of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the Sage committee which advises the Government expressed his concerns about the new measures in an interview with Sky News.

"I think it's risky for a couple of reasons,” he said.

"One, I think the reproduction number is only just below one and so there's not a lot of room for manoeuvre and so small changes can put that reproduction number up above one.

"I think the other more important thing is that we still have a lot of cases here in this country.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson during a media briefing in Downing Street, London, during which he announced the easing of further lockdown restrictions and track and trace.
“The numbers of infections that we have is about 8,000 new infections every day in England alone."

When asked about what impact lifting restrictions now could have on the spread of infection, Professor Edmunds told said: "It's a little bit of an educated guess.

"We think that we might be able to hold the reproduction number at about one, we hope."

However, he explained that a reproduction number of one would "mean that the incident stays at about this level, and about this level is 8,000 infections, new infections every day in England alone".

'Very little headroom'
Asked if he agreed with some fellow members of Sage that it was too soon to ease lockdown restrictions, Professor Peter Horby of the University of Oxford told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "Actually, I do.

"You know, we have still got 8,000 cases a day.

"We have been very successful in bringing it down, decreasing the numbers because of the social distancing.

"But, you will have heard that the R level is between 0.7 and 0.9, so it's only a bit below one, so, we have got very little headroom, actually.

"And, it's really important that we use that headroom very wisely and we don't lose control again".

Back
Top Bottom