What's new

Things that have changed!

Ha wasnt expecting this i thought this was a chat about older mods and attys that have fallen out of favour (like ALL my kit...)

tho on this theme i have become far less bothered by BBF dates on dry goods and tins.. had a 2016 dated pot noodle for lunch.. still got 2 more from the same pack in the cupboard.. all good even though the soy sachett had dried up.
Me too. Currently eyeing up a 2016 Christmas pudding. :D

Me too. Currently eyeing up a 2016 Christmas pudding. :D
nuked and smothered in custard YUMM!

im having odd recollections of clearing out my mams top cupboard in the mid 90's pulling out tins and jars priced in shillings and pence, Mams response was 'Jam wont spoil', thing is there was only 1 or 2 jars of jam the rest was stuff like pilchards and spam.. i am really glad there are no pilchards/spam at the back of my cupboard.. will i be thinking the same in a fortnight??

Wife bought some clothes just before lockdown that she wants to take back.....? some chance of that.

nuked and smothered in custard YUMM!

im having odd recollections of clearing out my mams top cupboard in the mid 90's pulling out tins and jars priced in shillings and pence, Mams response was 'Jam wont spoil', thing is there was only 1 or 2 jars of jam the rest was stuff like pilchards and spam.. i am really glad there are no pilchards/spam at the back of my cupboard.. will i be thinking the same in a fortnight??
Not sure about jam. But I dug up a pre First World War bottle of molasses, and it was in perfect condition when opened, in 1974. Yes, I know. But I was a kid then. Lol

Public toilet doors in the UK are stupid when you go in you can push the door open with your elbow etc, then you go, then wash your hands then the door has to be pulled open to get out, why don't someone insist they are hinged the other way around, not a hard job and would save people catching other bugs.
So abit open plan like at festivals

tho on this theme i have become far less bothered by BBF dates on dry goods and tins.. had a 2016 dated pot noodle for lunch.. still got 2 more from the same pack in the cupboard.. all good even though the soy sachett had dried up.

I’ve never been one for chucking food that’s past it’s BBF date... however, I found a can of ravioli in the cupboard recently with a 2015 date on it. It was most mysterious, given that I don’t even eat ravioli :hmm:

Wife bought some clothes just before lockdown that she wants to take back.....? some chance of that.

If the company’s still in business, they should extend the refund policy to account for a global pandemic. A bit of goodwill goes a very long way in retail :13:

I’ve worked all my life non stop and when this struck the first thought was hmm a break ok possible death but hmmm a break

then I realised I work in the industry that gets to work

my pass arrived in the post new Id and a letter to quote my name number and area

great so I go in and a colleague listens to me moan and then says

“fancy a cup of Covid “ whilst passing me a cup of tea in her gloved hand

I laughed a lot Humour is rare lately but I did giggle

Off course many things have changed. But its worse, many things will change.
Lets see for how long wearing mask in public will be recommended. Or how much of the actual chinese control measures will our governs adopt, control measures that we find today totally ridiculous, such a QR scan to get permission to enter a mall.

As this bug may be hidden almost in anything, anyplace, the 2 most important thins to have in mind are (for me):
-Respect security distance when being in public (shopping, gas station,...)
-Do not touching your face. This is the hardest one.

Not much people think about the risk of pushing a shopping cart... but, do you realize that even if you wear globes, virus can get into the globe surface instead your hand? I see many people removing their globes touching them with bare hands and then getting into their cars, touching their children faces... or their own faces. If we cant control these little details, that little critic actions, do not bother to wear a mask or globes.

Also a regular enthusiast hand wash will help.

mm.. yeah im totally off topic xD sorry. My minds drifting again.

Stay safe. Cheers from a random quarantined spaniard

Off course many things have changed. But its worse, many things will change.
Lets see for how long wearing mask in public will be recommended. Or how much of the actual chinese control measures will our governs adopt, control measures that we find today totally ridiculous, such a QR scan to get permission to enter a mall.

As this bug may be hidden almost in anything, anyplace, the 2 most important thins to have in mind are (for me):
-Respect security distance when being in public (shopping, gas station,...)
-Do not touching your face. This is the hardest one.

Not much people think about the risk of pushing a shopping cart... but, do you realize that even if you wear globes, virus can get into the globe surface instead your hand? I see many people removing their globes touching them with bare hands and then getting into their cars, touching their children faces... or their own faces. If we cant control these little details, that little critic actions, do not bother to wear a mask or globes.

Also a regular enthusiast hand wash will help.

mm.. yeah im totally off topic xD sorry. My minds drifting again.

Stay safe. Cheers from a random quarantined spaniard
Be interested to hear from a Spaniard perspective what's the outbreak been like for Spain.
I know it's been or going to be devastating everywhere but it looks like Spain and Italy are on the other side of the eye of the storm?

Not sure we'd learn much from China on this because of previous outbreaks over there they must have been way more prepared than everyone else.
Maybe we'll finally learn from this.

I'm still ploughing through a 1kg bag of TRS brand dried extra hot chillies, with a best before date of October 2004.

Back
Top Bottom