What's new

What did your Postie bring you today? - VAPE MAIL!

looks good to me .. leave a good inch of leg though, wire is cheap enough and you can always trim off legs while adding length back isnt so easy

find an online coil tool that suits you, like https://www.steam-engine.org/coil to guide you and you should be fine..

Fitting can be a pain depending on the deck but using your form (screwdriver) to hold the coil in position will give you a clue how to bend the legs to fit the deck, fit one and use the form to move the coil into position and then bend the 2nd leg to fit,

Once the coil is in place and secured Then clip off any extra leg, tho sometimes you can just bend them out of the way ..

imho its one of those things that confidence to attack it is probably the major hurdle..

when burning the coils in to check for an even heat up if not perfect just strum the coils, (drag a metal tool over the coils) just do it a few times I have no idea why but it simply works and after a few strums your coils will glow evenly when fired.. and if not keep strumming till they do..

Thank you very much. Yeh that's the site I was using to guesstimate my ohms.

And yeh I have been watching some videos on YT, and as you said it seems like the first hurdle is deciding to start! But does it mean that I have a spare freemax that I wont use now? Lmao. As I have bought an RDTA but I have heard that they can leak sometimes and I bought one for £7 so not expecting much lol...

But thank you for your help! I have a thread on my journey that I will update once I build my first deck in a couple of weeks!

If you have ceramic tweezers in your coil kit you can stum the coils with those. Just remember not to fire the mod while strumming if using something metel. I usually space my coils so no need to strum.

If you have ceramic tweezers in your coil kit you can stum the coils with those. Just remember not to fire the mod while strumming if using something metel. I usually space my coils so no need to strum.

Yes I do have ceramic tweezers. Thank you! What advantages does having spaced coils have?

The 1st coil I made was contact amd got a bit of spitting. 2nd I tried spaced and didn't get any spitting so stuck to spaced coils.
Thinking back it was probably my wicking that caused the spitting, I think I was trying to stuff to much cotton in. After awile you get the feel for how much cotton to use, like if you ever rolled your own cig you get the feel for how much tobaco to use and how tight to roll.

Another order came today from ralfy's closing down sale.
1 24mm stainless Kennedy style RDA
1 25mm Brass Kennedy style RDA
And 1 Red Royal Hunter X style RDA

Another order came today from ralfy's closing down sale.
1 24mm stainless Kennedy style RDA
1 25mm Brass Kennedy style RDA
And 1 Red Royal Hunter X style RDA

nice one bud how long did they take to arrive mine got posted out yesterday 1st class recorded :)2

Back
Top Bottom