What's new

lets talk about masks

at least remind me an them that things are not 'normal'. I'm excitable, I forget things like boundaries very easily. :D

I know the feeling only to well, that's what the nice people in the tell me every time they have to find me, and put that funny jacket on me that does up at the back.
I don't think they like my games of hide n seek much.................................

18:25 GMT - WHO allows broader use of masks to limit spread of coronavirus
The WHO said the use of respirator masks should be focused mainly on medical workers, but opened the door to greater use of homemade masks or other mouth coverings as a way to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.

A senior WHO official told reporters there was some possibility of airborne transmission of the virus, but the main cause was still believed to be symptomatic people who were coughing and sneezing and contaminating surfaces or other people.

"We must preserve medical surgical respirator masks for our frontline workers, but the idea of using respiratory coverings or mouth coverings to prevent coughing or sneezing... that in itself is not a bad idea," Dr. Mike Ryan, the WHO's top emergencies expert said.

My Wife does wear a mask mostly to work ... I don't as there is only me there at my works all night.

Are any of you guys buying and using masks? Where are you getting them from? I don’t go out enough to warrant buying any, but if they change the recommendations so that we’re all supposed to wear them, I’d have to look into it. I suppose they’d turn up in supermarkets everywhere.

yes and no

I wear one when needed or instructed to do so

I don't wear one in the street or walking Alfie up a country lane

you have to think about this the virus is now getting to the point where people are screaming "it's in the air it's in the air" if this was the case people would be dropping like flies measles is an Airbourne virus so the spread of that is one infected person can spread it to 12-15 people

so this is common sense I don't go to crowded supermarkets on a Saturday shop clever shop local small shops that will deliver Liz makes food so shes changed how she cooks she will make soup from scraps shes on the internet all the time looking for recipes to make food from sod all really

if the local supermarket has run out of lemon soaked napkins that's tough if you take a breath and sit back and look at the picture you can overcome and stay away from people standing in beekeepers suits coughing and barking.

I see lots posts over masks in this thread I've created I'm beginning to wish I never said anything the bottom line is

"unless you know how to wear a mask dispose of the mask wear lots of ppe everyday don't rush out and buy 30 masks just to walk the dog"

masks.jpg

yes and no

I wear one when needed or instructed to do so

I don't wear one in the street or walking Alfie up a country lane

I see lots posts over masks in this thread I've created I'm beginning to wish I never said anything the bottom line is

"unless you know how to wear a mask dispose of the mask wear lots of ppe everyday don't rush out and buy 30 masks just to walk the dog"

I don’t even have a dog, I’m that isolated :17: Nah, like @Crewella, I’m not in a position to need to buy a mask. If Government edicts change, I’ll cobble together something to cover my nose & mouth with, should I ever be lucky enough to leave my flat again...

simple cheap mask just protects others from you not you from others so even normal scarf will do the job.

There's noway the government can make people wear masks when they go out, unless they are made available to each household, and at the moment they can't even manage to get them to NHS workers etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom