What's new

Battery wrap trouble.

The batteries look fine to me. Yes, they've got slight dents each end but nothing excessive. Some mods will do that. Wraps look fine too.

I inspected them again , tiny dents you can barely feel.

I've ordered some new batteries, I'll just keep these as backup.

On another note. I put a different set in my new geek vape nova mod.

Checked them just now. They look the same as the batteries I just rewapped, tiny tiny dents on the negative ends.

Hmmm so mabye it's my new mod that's doing it... ffs

That sounds odd, it suggests that the pins in the mod may be too aggressive in force onto the batteries but I would be very surprised if it was enough the warp the batteries! I would say as you've bought som enew ones, use them as a gauge and see if the same issue shows!

20190916_104932.jpg

So my 4 new Samsung 30Q batteries arrived from fogstar today.

Each battery has the exact same indentation on the negative side. Not even used or been close to a charger.... so it looks like that's they are manufactured this way???

Last edited:
View attachment 200627

So my 4 new Samsung 30Q batteries arrived from fogstar today.

Each battery has the exact same indentation on the negative side. Not even used or been close to a charger.... so it looks like that's they are manufactured this way???
Tbh if i threw out any batteries i had with dents in from the fit on a mod being overly snug or the charger squeezing them too much I'd have no batteries left.

View attachment 200322 View attachment 200323

My battery wraps were cracked so I decided to replace them (with free wraps that fogstar gave me when I bought these batteries).

It was my first time rewrapping and my hand slipped whilst blowing the battery on the right hand side of both images.

As you can see it's not sitting correctly, a little too much material on the positive end and not quite enough on the negative end.

This is the only set of wraps I own and feel like I've buggered the process.

By looking at the images what do you guys suggest. Buy some new wraps and do it again?

Or are these perfectly safe to use as they are?

Don't worry. You'll be grand.

Back
Top Bottom