What's new

Dry hit vs burnt hit

Best way to avoid popping and spitting from an over saturated coil is to purge first.

This terrible disease is what we call 'shinyitus' sometimes it can be curbed for a bit when skint or have found a good few setups but then it does come back

Re the profile unity this is a decent wicking tutorial by one of our fellow members

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/180184/

Welcome to the planet btw

I am not at liberty to reveal exactly what I have as the bank manager may be a member but I will admit to having one or two bits :D

lol.
Yes these two comments pretty much sum it up I think!

Do you guys think that tanks have gradually gotten better over the last few years, or are there some older tanks that haven't been beaten yet?

It can be hard to judge from reviews, since tanks usually get reviewed when they first come out; but seeing a review of a "great" tank from 2015 doesn't really tell you if it's still great compared to today's tanks..

In short, are new tanks today better than tanks from a few years ago?

lol.
Yes these two comments pretty much sum it up I think!

Do you guys think that tanks have gradually gotten better over the last few years, or are there some older tanks that haven't been beaten yet?

It can be hard to judge from reviews, since tanks usually get reviewed when they first come out; but seeing a review of a "great" tank from 2015 doesn't really tell you if it's still great compared to today's tanks..

I think it's fair to say that on average, they're better. things evolve and we zero down on what works best. That doesn't mean the best tank is the newest one and the best tank for me isn't the best tank for you. Unless a tank has obvious deficiencies such as leaking problems or whatever then you really have to try it to know if you'll like it. I only watch reviews to get an idea of physical things, draw, building, obvious problems. I really don't care what the reviewer rates the tank as for flavour or clouds or whatever, they're not a reliable source of info for what I'll enjoy.

Wait 5 years to see if people still rate it before buying.
If you hang about on the forum, you will see kit come, make a splash for a few months and disappear without trace.
If a year later it still has its fans then it is probably a good bit of kit for some people.
Few bits of kit are still rated five years on though the paps mech and heron tank (in my hand now) are among those that some still rate.

Wait 5 years to see if people still rate it before buying.
If you hang about on the forum, you will see kit come, make a splash for a few months and disappear without trace.
If a year later it still has its fans then it is probably a good bit of kit for some people.
Few bits of kit are still rated five years on though the paps mech and heron tank (in my hand now) are among those that some still rate.
@oldhippydude
You enjoying that paps and heron combo from Mitz then [emoji6]
Love mine too. [emoji106]

@oldhippydude
You enjoying that paps and heron combo from Mitz then [emoji6]
Love mine too. [emoji106]

Yes.
I only bought the heron to get my hands on the paps.
Now I think the heron may have retired my KFL+v2 .
On the downside I might now need another heron.

Yes.
I only bought the heron to get my hands on the paps.
Now I think the heron may have retired my KFL+v2 .
On the downside I might now need another heron.
You were lucky getting the combo.
The Heron is so hard to come by. Let alone the Paps.
I've a couple of heron clones that I managed to pick up a long time back, that are very good.
Cheers Jon

I think it's fair to say that on average, they're better. things evolve and we zero down on what works best. That doesn't mean the best tank is the newest one and the best tank for me isn't the best tank for you. Unless a tank has obvious deficiencies such as leaking problems or whatever then you really have to try it to know if you'll like it. I only watch reviews to get an idea of physical things, draw, building, obvious problems. I really don't care what the reviewer rates the tank as for flavour or clouds or whatever, they're not a reliable source of info for what I'll enjoy.

Ah yes. I've noticed that in tank reviews when a v2 or v3 comes out, where they've fix a few issues, but the tank would essentially work the same.
I do, still being a newbie, take on board what reviewers say about flavour and clouds (but I don't really care about clouds), but I usually try to see as many different opinions as possible to see if there's a pattern. But most reviewers generally say that almost every tank is great anyway!

So I got a big bunch of stuff in the mail today: Aegis Legend, Juggerknot, and a job lot of 30x30ml out of date liquids, some wire to try my hand at making coils, and a bottle of cbd liquid.

Should keep me busy for a while, but I'm not holding out much hope for the out of date liquid, some of them seem fine but one smells manky, a breakfast milk, but I don't know if it's because it's out of date, or if that's what it's meant to taste like! Seems a bit musty..
I think the Juggerknot is a clone but it seems to be working fine, only €20 anyway. I don't think I even want to send it back!

For generally unbiased views use the search box to find any particular kit. Also check out the reviews section of the forum. Always remember though, it's personal taste. One persons 5* RDA is anothers bag of shite & should be launched into the bin.

For generally unbiased views use the search box to find any particular kit. Also check out the reviews section of the forum. Always remember though, it's personal taste. One persons 5* RDA is anothers bag of shite & should be launched into the bin.

Ah yes, nice one! Still finding my way around here..
I usually end up with about 12 Google tabs open when I'm looking for some info, then I forget what's in most of them and end up starting all over again!
Yes, I can see how there'd be a lot of variables for different people.. with different liquids, taste buds, coils, wicking techniques, etc.

Back
Top Bottom