What's new

Sourcemore- Smok Morph Review

Enoch

Achiever
sourcemore_1199-425.jpg

Welcome to another Sacred Vape review and this time we are focusing on the latest kit from Smok that aims to combine the touch screen of their previous species with a Resin style finish. I bring to you, the Smok Morph Kit.

This review was brought to you by Sourcemore. If you want to pick one of these up, check out the link at the end of the review.

So Smok have had some year for mods haven't they? Starting with the Species and E-Priv, they have for the most part, been so much better in quality. The chip set is better, the build quality is fantastic on them and the issues that existed for many users have kinda just vanished now. Combined with the range of tanks they have released, well you would be mistaken to think Smok might finally be delivering on their market share! So The Morph kit is a very interesting one for me, it looks to bring the resin design and a touch screen control into the mix to offer something that you don’t really see on the market today, has it worked and is it worth picking up?

For the purposes of this review I am focusing on the mod itself, go and check out my Youtube channel HERE for my thoughts on the TF tank included in the box.

In the Box

· 1 x Morph 219 Mod

· 1 x TF Tank (6ml)

· 1 x TF Tank BF-Mesh Coil 0.25 ohm (pre installed)

· 1 x TF Tank BF-Mesh Coil 0.25 ohm

· 1 x Bulb Glass Protective Silicone Sleeve

· 1 x Glass Tube Replacement

· 1 x USB Cable

· Spare Parts

· User Manual

Specifications

· Size: 44.8 x 30.2 x 84.5mm

· Weight: 158g

· Power Range: 1-219W (VW) 10-219W (TC)

· Standby Current: <400uA

· Input Voltage: 6.4-8.4V

· Output Voltage: 0.5-8.2V

· Resistance Range: 0.2-2.5ohm (VW) 0.5-2.0ohm (TC)

· Temperature Range: 200-600°F / 100-315°C

· Firing Time: 0.001S

· Charging Current: 1.8A

· Charging Voltage 1.8V

· Firmware upgradeable
SMOK-MORPH-219W-TC-Kit-with-TF-TankTFV-Mini-V2-Tank_0058631834c2__90586.1563689601.500.513.jpg

About the Smok Morph

The Smok Morph is a dual 18650 battery device capable of firing up to 219W as standard. IT has a bottom battery door hinge secured by a clasp underneath and comes with a side fire bar (right handed) and screen lock button located at the top of the fire bar. The mod can house up to 28-29mm tanks on top without overhang via the centralised 510 pin. Operating the device is done via both the buttons and the touch screen with a dual security method in place. Holding the lock button will unlock the touch screen and a quick press will turn off the screen. 5 clicks of the fire bar gives you the option to shut the device off.

Moving onto the internals now and the screen has a lovely colour screen display with the watts/puffs/ wattage adjust buttons, resistance, volts, amps and battery indicators with a top left menu button as well. Pressing the menu button takes you into the menu itself with different options.

Mode gives you the option of watts or Temperature control (SS Ti Ni) and pre heat options as well. My mode allows you to select pre selected options that range from mode, power and even nicotine strength and save them to allow you to save different modes per different tanks potentially. Puff allows you to limit the puff counter and clear, with setting giving you a wealth of options including information, wallpaper options, screen colour and screen time out.

Smok Morph Pros

The first thing to focus on with the Morph is the size of the device and it really is small compared to most other dual mods out there. The type of mod that fits into your hand and when combined with the fact it houses bigger tanks on top without issue (including the TFV 16) then it gives the user many options when it comes to using this device. The side fire bar is a great addition again as most other mods have ditched that idea and the dual locking mechanism is again lovely to have to give users control over locking/turning off the device. The battery clasp at the bottom is secure and comes with a plastic inlet of sorts for added protection for your batteries inside. The design is very much typical Smok so if you like their previous designs then you will enjoy this one.

Moving onto the insides and the touch screen works really well and I found it far more responsive than most others I have tried. Dare I say even better than the species touch screen! The menu system is full of options, it is easy to navigate and I love the pre select options that allows you to set your juice and nic strength for reference, I think that is a nice touch. The screen is clear and the basic but efficient options in temp/wattage means it will serve your average vaper really well as a device. The menu and screen aren’t overloaded so you can’t get lost in the information and it doesn’t take long to get up and running with what this can do with is another great thing.

smok_morph219_all.jpg

Smok Morph Cons

The cons for this device aren’t as heavy as I feared before picking this one up. The first cons come from the design of the device and they are the weight and the paint design. The Morph, despite its smaller design is quite a heavy device compared to others and as such not really recommended to stick a bigger tank on top with a huge capacity. This will weigh you down even more and make the mod feel like a brick in your pocket. The paintwork is fantastic but as you would expect, a fingerprint magnet with its rainbow esq touch design. So this is a mod that you will be wiping down with regular use.

I’m not a big fan of the power off option on the side bar, I would have preferred it to shut off after 5 clicks rather than prompt for it first, that is my personal opinion there. Again personally I don’t like it being a left side fire bar, being left handed it would have been better on the opposite side.
Smok_Morph_219W_TC_Box_Mod-750x930.jpg

Overall

If the weight and paintwork don’t bother you, then the Smok Morph is a damn good mod and combined with the TF tank, a really good kit to pick up. It performs really well, battery life is great, the chip-set is still responsive as ever and it is a joy to use. I would have preferred them to go the x217 way of design for this one rather than your typical smok design but that is nit-picking. Overall this is well worth picking up if you want a touch screen controlled device that is easy to use and most importantly, well performing.

If you want to pick this one up, you can do so from the following link.

Back
Top Bottom