What's new

Nic salts

To those who have pmed me and honestly answered in the spirit of helpfulness, I thank you, anyone who misunderstood my post, then it's on me, I will get the hang of forums eventually.
Peace and have a wonderful day to you all.

I'm glad you've been helped and now got the answers you were looking for. It seems a shame they weren't shared with the rest of the community though, so everyone can understand the differences between nicotine types.

It’s quite a confusing thread altogether @Simon G . Nicotine is extracted from tobacco leaves by industrial processes using chemical solvents. There is no naturally extracted nicotine that I’m aware of. I’m interested in this and have researched it a bit. When it comes to ecigs the term “natural” is absolutely a marketing gimmick.

It’s quite a confusing thread altogether @Simon G . Nicotine is extracted from tobacco leaves by industrial processes using chemical solvents. There is no naturally extracted nicotine that I’m aware of. I’m interested in this and have researched it a bit. When it comes to ecigs the term “natural” is absolutely a marketing gimmick.

Yeah, it's really not clear is it?

I was reading an article the other day that was saying there isn't really any evidence for a lot of the claims around nicotine salts, like it being absorbed quicker and giving you a 'harder' nicotine hit and that type of thing.

Other than it being 'smoother' (which means you can use a higher strength comfortably) most of the ideas we have around it have probably just come from marketing from JUUL who wanted their 'own formula nicotine' to stand out as something 'better'

There's also a suggestion that freebase nicotine reaches the brain more quickly and more effectively delivers a nicotine hit than salt. This of course goes against everything that manufacturers are telling us but I think it really does need looking into properly.

It's always seemed a bit faddy to me and the 20mg laws here make it seem almost pointless. But if it works for some people then, that's fine I guess.

Yeah, it's really not clear is it?

I was reading an article the other day that was saying there isn't really any evidence for a lot of the claims around nicotine salts, like it being absorbed quicker and giving you a 'harder' nicotine hit and that type of thing.

Other than it being 'smoother' (which means you can use a higher strength comfortably) most of the ideas we have around it have probably just come from marketing from JUUL who wanted their 'own formula nicotine' to stand out as something 'better'

There's also a suggestion that freebase nicotine reaches the brain more quickly and more effectively delivers a nicotine hit than salt. This of course goes against everything that manufacturers are telling us but I think it really does need looking into properly.

It's always seemed a bit faddy to me and the 20mg laws here make it seem almost pointless. But if it works for some people then, that's fine I guess.

Well big tobacco has been criticised for decades now for “freebasing” the nicotine in tobacco, which purportedly makes it more addictive and faster acting. Exactly the opposite of the claims made about salt nic.

Like you say, the only advantage seems to be the smoothness at higher strengths. Personally I don’t find it provides as good a nic hit as freebase, it seems less satisfying even at higher strengths and it doesn’t seem as long lasting.

I'm glad you've been helped and now got the answers you were looking for. It seems a shame they weren't shared with the rest of the community though, so everyone can understand the differences between nicotine types.
You assume a lot there, I thanked people for their pms The spirit of helpfulness, never said I got all the answers I was seeking.
For your info, an answer I did get, I won't post as it contains things against posting rules.
Still don't understand your need to reply in such a way for me thanking people, but hey whatever floats you boat mate.keep up the good work and be happy, me I'm going sock goblin hunting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom