What's new

Full size (3.5ml) Cthulhu hastur mtl rta bargain at sourcemore

I've just got another one of these, the offer is still there.

Got a weird problem though, when I screw this one onto a mod, any mod (I've tried the drag2, tesla wye, artery hive and rev sport, and also on my ohmmeter) I randomly get the check atomizer warning. The build is fine and its not shorting on the deck cover. its as if the firing pin is too short. if I unscrew the pin about a quarter turn (from as tight as possible) it makes the connection and works fine. Everything's nice and clean, and it only happens sometimes (usually when I first put it on a mod, although occasionally when i fill up).

Anyone had similar?
I've had this with my mini. Not all mods but a few. It seems Hastur like their pins a little on the short side, or maybe their insulators are a little short allowing the pin to go a bit too far into the atty when screwed in.

I've had this with my mini. Not all mods but a few. It seems Hastur like their pins a little on the short side, or maybe their insulators are a little short allowing the pin to go a bit too far into the atty when screwed in.
That sounds exactly like the problem. hmm unsure what to do about it, don't think I'm happy having the firing pin loose.

That sounds exactly like the problem. hmm unsure what to do about it, don't think I'm happy having the firing pin loose.
I had a similar problem with a GP dripper and sorted it by putting a tiny o ring over the thread on the pin before screwing it in.

Last edited:
I've just got another one of these, the offer is still there.

Got a weird problem though, when I screw this one onto a mod, any mod (I've tried the drag2, tesla wye, artery hive and rev sport, and also on my ohmmeter) I randomly get the check atomizer warning. The build is fine and its not shorting on the deck cover. its as if the firing pin is too short. if I unscrew the pin about a quarter turn (from as tight as possible) it makes the connection and works fine. Everything's nice and clean, and it only happens sometimes (usually when I first put it on a mod, although occasionally when i fill up).

Anyone had similar?

If it's a black one I had this problem with mine it was also reading the ohms to high.
I found a fix on fasttech of all places you just need to remove the 510 pin and deck and sand the paint off where the deck sits.
See the photo hope this helps.
KEioEDa.jpg

If it's a black one I had this problem with mine it was also reading the ohms to high.
I found a fix on fasttech of all places you just need to remove the 510 pin and deck and sand the paint off where the deck sits.
See the photo hope this helps. View attachment 194215
Thank you for that, I will check when I'm empty. It definitely sounds like that could be the problem.

I went and found the thread you mention in case anyone else wants to look.

https://www.fasttech.com/forums/9437700/t/2603841/reading-zero-ohms-and-can-t-get-the-cap-on

Thank you for that, I will check when I'm empty. It definitely sounds like that could be the problem.

I went and found the thread you mention in case anyone else wants to look.

https://www.fasttech.com/forums/9437700/t/2603841/reading-zero-ohms-and-can-t-get-the-cap-on

Your welcome and I didn't think to link to the thread on fasttech lol.
Such a easy fix I was ready to send mine back until I found that thread, hope it works I think it will add it sound like a similar issue, you'll have to let us know if it works please.

OK I've filed off the paint and it seems to have worked.

If anyone else needs to do this, make sure there's no sharp edges once you've filed the base - there is an o-ring that sits right there and any wayward burr will chew it to shreds as I found out. Luckily they have provided a spare.

I did take apart my other hastur to see what's what seeing as that one works, and sure enough there is no paint on the little divots where the lugs sit. So maybe its a tad over the top scraping off all the paint across the top, but hey, its done now.

Thanks again @Dying_Snail :2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom