What's new

Any crossbow love?

That's the same issue I had with my first clone one. The one I've just got is stable at the moment.

Did you check whether the pin is tight in before you set it up? If not I suspect it might not be.

I might email them and chance it for a refund... :D

I think what we all want is a side by side direct comparison with the vapeshell. Thanks Rew ;)

Got Triple Berry in both. Can't discern any noticeable difference so far. Will try some different flavours as the week goes on

Did you check whether the pin is tight in before you set it up? If not I suspect it might not be.

I might email them and chance it for a refund... :D

The pin on my first one had dodgy threading and so it didn't screw in and out as such. I had to push it in place.

The pin on my first one had dodgy threading and so it didn't screw in and out as such. I had to push it in place.

Ah, ok. The threading is fine on this, the problem is non alignment of the airflow. And the way it works, it’s sealed shut when tight. It can’t be meant to be like this.

Ah, ok. The threading is fine on this, the problem is non alignment of the airflow. And the way it works, it’s sealed shut when tight. It can’t be meant to be like this.

Maybe put something in the airflow hole to stop the plastic bit going out of line when screwing it tighter. But anyway, no it shouldn't be like that

Maybe put something in the airflow hole to stop the plastic bit going out of line when screwing it tighter. But anyway, no it shouldn't be like that

That wouldn’t work I don’t think, because I think the hole goes through both the plastic insulator and the pin. So it either wouldn’t turn at all, or the plastic would just end up out of line with the hole in the pin.

I’ll take the whole thing apart at some point and see how it all works. There may be a way...

So I seem to have fixed it. I was up a bit earlier than necessary this morning (my sleep pattern is all over the place due to having a baby in the house) so thought I’d have a look inside it.

I decided to lop a bit off the top of the insulator. I couldn’t seem to get it off the pin, so just attacked it, about 1mm or so from the top, with the wire snippers. It came off, but not exactly straight (Once this bit was off, I was able to get the insulator to slide off as well).

I screwed it back together, and it turned out I’d taken too much off. The pin was going further into the 510 and I couldn’t keep screwing it with pliers.

So back apart again, and I put the removed piece back. Because it wasn’t a clean cut, it didn’t fit too flush and sat a little higher. It seems this small difference has been enough to allow it to work. It’s now pretty tightly screwed on and the airflow holes are perfectly aligned. No movement in the positive post. And it’s working fine.

I think a lot of luck was involved, so wouldn’t necessarily recommend doing this, but I would say that the aim is to add to, instead of remove from, the height of the insulator, if anybody is going to try it.

Last edited:
So I seem to have fixed it. I was up a bit earlier than necessary this morning (my sleep pattern is all over the place due to having a baby in the house) so thought I’d have a look inside it.

I decided to lop a bit off the top of the insulator. I couldn’t seem to get it off the pin, so just attacked it, about 1mm or so from the top, with the wire snippers. It came off, but not exactly straight (Once this bit was off, I was able to get the insulator to slide off as well).

I screwed it back together, and it turned out I’d taken too much off. The pin was going further into the 510 and I couldn’t keep screwing it with pliers.

So back apart again, and I put the removed piece back. Because it wasn’t a clean cut, it didn’t fit too flush and sat a little higher. It seems this small difference has been enough to allow work. It’s now pretty tightly screwed on and the airflow holes are perfectly aligned. No movement in he positive post. And it’s working fine.

I think a lot of luck was involved, so wouldn’t necessarily recommend doing this, but I would say that the aim is to add to, instead of remove from, the height of the insulator, if anybody is going to try it.

Good to know. Thanks for your efforts

With the condensation plug it is now very good and the airflow is acceptably restricted. I think I’ll take it to work and put it through it’s paces.

Back
Top Bottom