What's new

Nicotine Strength Question

gfxsilent

Hi, I have the OHM GO Vaping Kit (https://www.apolloecigs.co.uk/vape-kit/vape-brands/apollo/ohm-go-vaping-kit-by-apollo) and it says 'Please consider to reduce the nicotine strength when you are using a sub-ohm tank (start with 3mg or 6mg), as your e-liquid will taste stronger on sub-ohm tanks than it does through a standard clearomiser.' Is this because it will taste bad at higher strength nicotine, also with lower nicotine won't it take longer to get a nicotine buzz?

Thanks!

Hi @gfxsilent and welcome to the planet.

ive not heard of that kit before but looking at it it comes pre installed with a 0.5ohm coil which is more for direct to lung so needs lower nicotine. the norm is 3mg but some use 6mg.
reason for this is the unit will push out the full 50watts with the 0.5 coil so you inhale a lot more nicotine. too much and you could get a headache or feel sick. this is normal and just means too much nic so you need to lower to 3mg.

the 1ohm coil is more for mouth to lung so uses lower wattage so you can use higher nicotine. as i dont know the kit or the coil 18mg might be too strong for a 1ohm coil so try 12mg.

everyone is different so its almost impossible to advise exactly what nic level is best for you. its trial and error.

0.5 best with 70vg/30pg juice
1ohm may be able to use 70vg but might be better at 50vg/50pg

most people use lower nic with more airy attys like 3mg being the most common.3mg combined with a high volume of steam enetering your lungs will deliver plenty of nic.only thing you ll propably miss is the throat hit of an mtl tank.you ll have to try and see what fits you

Thanks for the help guys :)
They tell you to use lower nic because sub-ohm tanks generally put out more vapor. More vapor means more density. Its not actually less nic. The vapor from a sub-ohm has more condensed nic. You might actually be taking in more nic from a sub-ohm. Your also going to notice that you will consume eliquid much quicker.

well, to be exact it is not more condenced.3mg juice is 3mg no matter if you vape it in an mtl or dl tank.if it is dl you will inhale greater volume of vapor resuting in a higher amount of nic delievered overall.dr farsalinos has mentioned that dl draw compared to an mtl draw was 3-4 times higher volume if i m not mistaken

well, to be exact it is not more condenced.3mg juice is 3mg no matter if you vape it in an mtl or dl tank.if it is dl you will inhale greater volume of vapor resuting in a higher amount of nic delievered overall.dr farsalinos has mentioned that dl draw compared to an mtl draw was 3-4 times higher volume if i m not mistaken
Yes that's right. More power usually means more volume. By way of analogy, whisky has a higher concentration of alcohol than beer, but a glass of beer is (usually) a lot bigger than a glass of whisky so the actual amount of alcohol you get is about the same. You wouldn't normally drink whisky by the pint and you wouldn't normally vape 18mg juice @ 100W.

Back
Top Bottom