What's new

Dead Parrot.. err Squid

rawhead

Achiever
So, like others on these venerable forums I pre-ordered a Squid Industries Double Barrel mod from 3FVape a few months ago. When mine arrived and batteries actually did fit in it I thought myself lucky, thought i'd actually got one of the good ones.

It turns out ... not so much.

Snuggled in its lovely leather case from VapeSmarter, I've coddled her. Loved her. Treated her with kid gloves.

It didn't matter.

I've been running a little Hastur Mini RTA on her at 17W, rediscovering Manabush and really enjoying it. Yesterday morning the Hastur burped a little, spilling some juice onto the top of the mod. Knowing that the screen is not particularly well sealed I immediately cleaned her up, none had got near the screen so I thought myself fortunate.

A few hours later, the fire button started playing up.

I wasn't too worried, the battery was starting to run low so I thought that was the issue. I disregarded the fact that I wasn't getting a low battery warning, I thought it was just being quirky.

So I changed the batteries. One of them was damp with juice. Uh oh. Fresh pair of batteries go in - dead as a doornail. Nothing. Nada. Another set, nothing.

Juice must have got in throught the 510, or the seal between the mounting plate of the 510 and the side walls, and into the board.

Mrs Rawhead is taking it into Vapesque in town today to see if they can do anything with it, but i'm not hopeful.

And now, to cheer myself up a little, something completely different.

Mine died a couple of weeks ago. I stripped it down and cleaned it, though there didn't seem to be any juice inside. Didn't help any.
Cheap junk.

Didn't I hear these were all the go a while back?
Overhyped junk?
Sheesh, let em know and show em what you think of them. I make jokes about junk in ways, but I let em see what I have done and what I think. Im serious when I do it even though I have a bit of fun along the way. People and companies that sell junk need to see and hear about it.
Tell others and tell them.
:rant:

That mod was an absolute misfire wasn't it. Something so pretty but crap.
Still selling like hot cakes though. Funny how we look past the most hideous flaws for a nice pair of barrels.
Pissed of for you buddy. Nothing more infuriating. Hope it comes back to life.

No recovery. You must be gutted .... I'm so sorry. Mine's still OK, but I'm now being super-careful ...... :(

They are quite pretty though...

(Anyone got a borked one they'd like to donate to my toybox instead of the bin?)

They are quite pretty though...

(Anyone got a borked one they'd like to donate to my toybox instead of the bin?)
They are indeed very pretty. But the phrase 'andsome is as 'andsome does keeps popping into my mind ....... ;)

Back
Top Bottom