What's new

Is It Normal .......

Ruby Slippers

Postman
So I eventually managed to get off cigarettes and am now only vaping.

I find though that I never have it out of my hand and seem to vape almost all day.

Did you all do this and does it settle down. It's only my first week.

I'm not craving nicotine I just can't stop puffing this thing.

I have been vaping now for about 5 years and i still have my vape in my hand all the time but everyone is different only time will tell if you will be or not.

Same as @BULLDOG1964
Coming up on 3 years and I'm the same- it's rarely out of my mouth. It's a different way of delivering nicotine, and your body absorbs it slower that it did with cigarettes, so the concentration is less severe but the need to top it up more frequently is common.

At least that's my understanding of it.

Last edited:
Instead of getting a big hit of nic from a cig you are now getting smaller doses, you want the same hit to start with so you vape a lot. yes it will get better. now where did i put my mod.

Same. 4 years for me now.
At work I've got a sneaky pod at my desk with 6mg
Breaks it's continuous subtank mini with custard then vim with grape ice.
When I get home it's choice of 24 mods and tanks and have one in my hand for next 7 hours with either 3mg or zero nic until I crash out at 11pm. Next day repeat.
Average 30-50ml used a day.

:13: Better to puff an ecig all day, than to smoke here and there your whole life away.

You do not say how strong the nic you are using is.

It is worth trying different strengths of nic. You will probably find that you vape less when you vape higher nic juice than when you use lower nic juice.

You will vape more frequently when your body feels the need for nic, but there is also the fact as others have pointed out that the vaping routine is different to the smoking routine so that takes a bit of getting used to.

I vape a range of nic strengths of nic from 6mg at the low end that I use most of the time to 24mg or higher if I am not going to be vaping for a while.

We all have to find our own way and you will find what suits you. you are doing well so far so you should not be concerned about vaping too much but in the longer term it might be worth trying high nic juice if you decide you want to vape less.

If you search for the many threads over the years asking how much people vape you will find that there is no "normal" when it comes to how much we vape. Normal is whatever works for you.

Some will vape 10ml of high nic a week others will get through that much low nic in an hour.
I like to go hours without vaping when I am out doing stuff though my vape is always near when at home.

You are doing well so far.
Keep it up.
Good luck.

@oldhippydude is right. The higher the nic the less you vape. But the higher the nic it alters the taste of your vape. That's the only problem. I do 18 mg now and then but believe me I can tell a big difference in the flavor of my juice.

I wonder if I were to make my own juice and nic it myself if there is a way I can make the juice more flavorful ... add more flavor for the higher nic'ed juices?

There is no 'normal'. :D

I love the sensation of a heavy vape filling up my mouth and throat, so vape all the time. My mods are always with in reach.

It might do, I vaped a lot more than I do now in the first few weeks, just do whatever you need to do to keep you off the fags.

If it's bothering you alter your nic strength, if it's not bothering you then carry on.

Back
Top Bottom