What's new

Do you actually save money after quiting smoking?

I don't think I do but depends on how much you smoked, I was 20-30 a day myself with liquids being £9-£10 and I go through about 2 a week it doesn't seem like I do
I smoked 30 cigs a day and now I vape 10 ml a day. I live in Norway so a pack of 30 cigs is 12 GBP. A bottle of 10 ml online is approx. 5 GPB so I save some money, yes. Although money spent for mods, tanks, coils and spare parts must also be taken into consideration.

I did save about 1500$ for 3 years of vaping.
PS I'm making my eliquid by myself and making my fused claptons myself.
But it wasn't just for saving money when i quitted smoking it was for health in a first place.

I just worked it all out, i gave up smoking 9 months ago. I would of spent £500 on smokes. I decided to start vaping, bought myself a vape pen for starters. At first it was quite hassle but in the long run after checking my budget after 3 months I guess I have saved money. Most of the time I still have money left on my purse unlike when I was still smoking. So yes! I guess I saved money after I quit smoking

I've thought about this a lot over the past 6 months since I quit smoking & started vaping.
I figure, here in Ohio, I was buying the bargain cigs, but they still cost about $6.25 USD per pack. I could easily smoke 1.5-2 packs, or $8-10 on cigs daily.
So, in the last 6 months (almost exactly), I would've spent roughly [180 days x $8/day = $1440 USD] a lot of money.
Even with buying several mods, accessories, juice, coils, cotton, tools, everything... there's no way I have serpent that much on vaping. I figure it's closer to maybe, maybe $500. I feel that's a pretty accurate guess, maybe plus or minus $100. So $600 at most, which is less than half of what I spent on cigs in that same amount of time in the past.
I'm so grateful; I don't cough any more, I feel so much better, & my voice & singing voice are much, much improved. :)

I would if equipment would stop breaking/failing on me. I usually buy a new mod every 6 months or so, hard to keep them in one piece working where i do. Then theres glass, god damn it i break so many glass tubes. Coils were expensive til i started building too.

I've found i'm now vaping 30ml a day since i switched juice as well, so 2 x 120 ml juices a week, plus nic salts x 4, my weekly spend is £30+ on juice. Way more than i ever intended to spend, and very annoying.

I've always smoked whilst I've been serving on ships. I can remember when 200 tabs cost £16 from the NAFFI. They have slowly increased the price. Uproar every year they did, they are currently at £38 for 200!!! Still much cheaper than buying from land shops!

As soon I got draft to a shore position I lost the ability to buy DFs (duty frees). As soon as my supply ran out I decided it would be a good idea to quit as I couldn't justify spending £10 on a packet of tabs.

Now i'm over the initial cost of buying my kit and juice I think I am making some massive savings from smoking.

My problem will be if I ever go back to sea, the temptation there to buy cheap tabs!

I reckon I have it down to about a fiver a week and then 'Shinyitis' shatters the illusion...:D

The wife and I have spent a fair wedge on hardware and associated kit, so we're not saving yet...

But once we're just down to consumables it'll be quite a big difference, especially with DIY juice going on.

Back
Top Bottom