What's new

Shortfill confusion

It's for this reason
I haven't bought many shortfills. I mostly vape 12mg liquids mtl, usually mixed myself. I gather that's there's some degree of making-it-up as they go along with these, due to idiotic law making. I have experimented with a couple, making them up to a higher nic content. What bothers me is when I see, for example, Brexit Clusterfuck Custard (BCC) advertised as 70/30 VG/PG. I assume that BCC is 70/30 once the nic is added, so look to see that the site only sells 100% VG nic. Other sites sell only 70/30 nic shots, etc, etc. I get very befuddled, because I want to use my own nic. What I'm wondering is, does this bother anyone else? Am I right in assuming that liquid makers state what the ratio will be, only once you've added the nic shot of their choosing?
Makes sense, but hell, I don't know. As a DIYer with at least a year's worth of PG-based 72 still in the freezer it's not a concern yet, but thanks to the ridiculous and frankly spiteful TPD regs, sooner or later I'm going to have to re-do all my recipes and carefully study the labels on the pathetically small and weak nic samples I'll have to buy. :)

Brilliant explanation :18:

Quick description of mixing ratios with our 70VG shortfills-

The following is a breakdown of what our Shot It Nicotine Shots will make your end ration for our 100ml shortfills-

2 x PG Shot It shots will be approximately 55VG

2 x VG shots will be approximately 85VG.

1x VG & 1 X PG will be 70VG
But, actually, if the 100ml shortfill is originally 70VG

2 x VG shots will be 75 VG

1 x VG & 1 x PG will be approx 65 VG

:D

But, actually, if the 100ml shortfill is originally 70VG

2 x VG shots will be 75 VG

1 x VG & 1 x PG will be approx 65 VG

:D

I don't think they are 70VG in the first place, they are mixed to give a 70%VG ratio when you add 1 PG shot and 1 VG shot.

which is why everyone is confused because there seems to be no standard for this.

I don't think they are 70VG in the first place, they are mixed to give a 70%VG ratio when you add 1 PG shot and 1 VG shot.

which is why everyone is confused because there seems to be no standard for this.
They aren't. I asked. They are close to 70 VG before adding nic.

They aren't. I asked. They are close to 70 VG before adding nic.

With ours, there are about 5 that are 65% VG but the rest are 70VG. Not much point changing the description for 5 of them as not many would notice the difference

With ours, there are about 5 that are 65% VG but the rest are 70VG. Not much point changing the description for 5 of them as not many would notice the difference

The point is people want to know what they are buying, if they want a specific ratio then they can work that out using VG or PG nic shots, we don't want to be guessing what ratio the base is... that's why this thread was started in the first place because some vendors aren't clear about it.

We try to stick to 70VG as best we can. None of them are over.
65%- 67%VG is the lowest but no one would notice

Back
Top Bottom