What's new

Nic Salt Specific Kits and Mods

Why is running sub ohm coils at much lower voltage not something people do? Is there really no reason for having 4v and 1.5Ω for example? Would we get exactly the same effect from 2v and 0.75Ω?

Edit: I suppose I’m wondering whether it will have a noticeable slow heat up time.

Would it not be very cool and slow to heat up, Im pretty clueless when it come to coils though! I thought sub ohm needed more power, drain batteries quicker also ?

Would it not be very cool and slow to heat up, Im pretty clueless when it come to coils though! I thought sub ohm needed more power, drain batteries quicker also ?

Well there's the maths .... the device should be putting out almost 7w ... which should be easy enough for a stealthy vape and it's only using 1.85v to do that...... it will be a cooler vape and it won't be billowing clouds out everywhere but that's kind of the point of a small device designed for high nicotine I guess.

Capture1.JPG

that same 1.85 voltage to a typical MTL 1.8ohm coil isn't even going to give you 2w on a fixed output. :D

Capture4.JPG

Im lost, the maths has given me brain freeze, this has turned my limited assumptions on ohms, coils and vapping, upside down, I think its best I just wait for you to test it out and say if you like it or not :D

Im lost, the maths has given me brain freeze, this has turned my limited assumptions on ohms, coils and vapping, upside down, I think its best I just wait for you to test it out and say if you like it or not :D

In simplest terms think of it as a mech but instead of putting out 4.2v it's only putting out 1.85v .... on a mech the lower the resistance the more power you get from the voltage .... there's where sub-ohming comes from, people wanted more wattage out of 4.2v so they built lower resistance coils right?

in this device we are only getting 1.85v, so to get power enough to vape on, you need to have a lower resistance coil too.

In simplest terms think of it as a mech but instead of putting out 4.2v it's only putting out 1.85v .... on a mech the lower the resistance the more power you get from the voltage .... there's where sub-ohming comes from, people wanted more wattage out of 4.2v so they built lower resistance coils right?

in this device we are only getting 1.85v, so to get power enough to vape on, you need to have a lower resistance coil too.

I still dont quite get how it works, but Im understaning now it is the equivalent of a 1.14 Ohm Coil @ 4.2 Volts running at 14w. Its the voltage that I didnt understand, it seems almost back to front :D thanks for explaining.

I just watched a review of it on youtube, the reviewer seems to like it, though was mumbling about the 0.5 ohm coil too, I suppose its because we are used to 4.2v devices. The reviewer seems to think its ideal for nic salts though, result ;)

DJLsb rated it too .... says it's better than any pod system he has.

He seems well impressed too, Im tempted, deffo in the market for something smaller, Im only put of a bit by the stripes and the light now that Im ohm educated, a matt black ninja version is required! :D

I should have it Saturday or Monday at the latest, I'll pop my initial thoughts in the MTL section and update after a week or so. :)

The light looks pretty subtle, it's just an indicator light really... I hope it's not going to be like laser beams shooting out everywhere anyway! ;)

I should have it Saturday or Monday at the latest, I'll pop my initial thoughts in the MTL section and update after a week or so. :)

The light looks pretty subtle, it's just an indicator light really... I hope it's not going to be like laser beams shooting out everywhere anyway! ;)

It will be like a laser pen, planes will be plumpting from the sky with each inhalation, you will be blinding small children and scarring their retina for life, its communist chinas attempt to steathily destabilze the uk...... l will look out for your report, given you arent arrested prior ;)

Back
Top Bottom