What's new

Plus ohm with silica

Have you tried looking for a second hand Spheroid. Lovely, lovely tank - designed to be wicked with Silica, but can also use cotton

@mikeydee I just had a thought - I have an Aqua clone lying about doing nothing. They vape much like the Kayfuns and can be built with silica, it's just the dual coil thing drove me nuts - I tend to stick with single coils. If you fancy braving the dual coil, PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

That's really kind of you, message on its way[emoji847]

This guy used to do really good build tutorials for old school stuff.

@mikeydee Just a thought, but I was browsing on Gearbest (in China) earlier and spotted a cheap Yiloong Fogger V5 on there - it's not one I tried (I meant to, but then found the Kayfun clones and just never got round to it). It got a few decent reviews and might be worth a try? It comes with silica wick in the spares.

https://www.gearbest.com/rebuildable-atomizers/pp_1091968.html

If you've not bought from Gearbest before, they're safe, but what you gain in cheap prices you do lose in service to some extent. If you order it now, don't expect to see it for at least 2-3 weeks, especially as it's Chinese New Year at the moment, and customer service can be a bit of a trial at first if something goes wrong, it can take time, but they are honourable. Have a rep on here too. I've bought from them quite a few times.

.... and probably will again ..... :shiny:

I bought a pack of premade silica wicked coils from FT ages ago but never used most of them cause the coils were terrible. Today I had the idea to remove the crappy coil and reuse the silica for wicking my goon RDA but the silica just went on fire when I dry burned it.

I like the idea of a silica wicked RDA for testing flavours but my first attempt was an epic fail. Stupid question but should I look into getting one of the attys mentioned here or get some proper silica that doesn't catch fire?

I bought a pack of premade silica wicked coils from FT ages ago but never used most of them cause the coils were terrible. Today I had the idea to remove the crappy coil and reuse the silica for wicking my goon RDA but the silica just went on fire when I dry burned it.

I like the idea of a silica wicked RDA for testing flavours but my first attempt was an epic fail. Stupid question but should I look into getting one of the attys mentioned here or get some proper silica that doesn't catch fire?
Do you dry burn coils with the wick already in?

Silica is supposed to be temperature resistant to over 1500C, so it shouldn't be burning. Get some decent silica! :D

I got mine from Stealthvape and have never managed to set fire to it!

http://www.stealthvape.co.uk/silica-wick?filter_name=silica

Back
Top Bottom