What's new

Short fill question

Sprite71

Postman
So I haven’t been vaping that long, don’t mix and only recently tried short fills so this might be a stupid post.

I’ve used nokomis and nanabozho before in 10ml bottles (amongst a few others in the range), in fact these were my favourites and made me decide that vaping could be for me. Anyway, I decided to buy these (and Mojave desert) in short fill, together with 3 of their respective 18mg bottles to mix with them. I haven’t vaped manabush in the last few weeks mainly because I was waiting to get a rewickable coil setup to use with it.

Yesterday I finally got round to mixing them and noticed that they are slightly cloudy (both before mixing and after). I’ve never noticed any liquids I’ve used being cloudy before so wanted to know if this was normal? I thought that I was able to just shake and vape it, but am I meant to leave it to steep or something? Reason I am asking is because nokomis tastes different (haven’t mixed nanabozho yet), this could be because I am vaping it in a kangertech aerovtank v2 with a naturevape coil whereas I usually used a nautilus 2.

Last edited:
ive not noticed them cloudy before shaking.
they normally go cloudy once you shake to an in of your arm dropping off but thats just the very fine bubbles in the juice. once its settled they are ready to vape.
tag @ZT just in case hes on first.

Hi @Sprite71 Manabush Does err towards being slightly cloudy though .. thats nothing to worry about.

The flavour should be the same .. unless - what strength do you normally vape it at ? if you vape quite high .. and you are now vaping 3mg .. that could alter the perception of flavour for you .. a lot of people dont realise how connected to overall flavour throat hit can be.

what strength do you normally vape ?

And also yes .. different tanks will give you different flavours .

I think I’ve roughly got the same mg (6mg). I tipped approx 10ml of the nokomis from the 50ml bottle into the empty (cleansed) mojave bottle and put in 2 x 18mg. I think that gives me 6mg. I tipped the other 18mg bottle into the 10ml in the mojave bottle so I expect that to be a bit stronger. As long as it’s ok to be a bit cloudy, i’ll just try it in the nautilus 2 again. I thought the tank probably did affect the flavour

I think the powpow without nicotine has more of a sweet taste so i think the original powpow juice from manabush that has nicotine in it has a particular tobacco flavour that you might not get if you don't get the get mix right
in your short-fill bottles.

So even though you might save a bit of money by buying 18mg 10ml bottles to mix a bit with your 50ml short-fill ,you might actually miss out on the correct flavour .

Not sure if that makes sense :)

Just a thought ,might be way off base.

Last edited:
I think the powpow without nicotine has more of a sweet taste so i think the original powpow juice from manabush that has nicotine in it has a particular flavour that you might not get if you don't get the get mix right
in your short-fill bottles.

So even though you might save a bit of money by buying 18mg 10ml bottles to mix a bit with your 50ml short-fill ,you might actually miss out on the correct flavour .

Not sure if that makes sense :)

Just a thought.

Yes, I get you and I think you’re right. Part of it was also due to my beginner wicking skills, which have improved fortunately :-) I will be sticking to the 10ml versions in future, it’s not worth the hassle when you need the higher strength mg ... plus I’ve started vaping the 18mg bottles I hadn’t mixed yet ... oops

I'm vaping about 1mg /1.5mg of nicotine these days ,i had a heart attack 12 months ago and i freaked out a tiny bit when i read nicotine can constrict the veins or something .

Anyway i was thinking get the 18mg bottles to use for adding the nicotine as it would save me some cash.
Obviously (i was thinking) i could probably stretch a 10ml 18mg bottle a bit further than a 10ml 3mg bottle.
But i had this niggling feeling that the taste wasn't the same due to the fact i was adding much less if i did it from a 18mg bottle ,i might be wrong and maybe it makes zero difference ,i dunno.

p.s:
I'm not so sure it's a good idea to go that low with the nicotine as i seem to be vaping more than i did previusly.

I'm vaping about 1mg /1.5mg of nicotine these days ,i had a heart attack 12 months ago and i freaked out a tiny bit when i read nicotine can constrict the veins or something .

Anyway i was thinking get the 18mg bottles to use for adding the nicotine as it would save me some cash.
Obviously (i was thinking) i could probably stretch a 10ml 18mg bottle a bit further than a 10ml 3mg bottle.
But i had this niggling feeling that the taste wasn't the same due to the fact i was adding much less if i did it from a 18mg bottle ,i might be wrong and maybe it makes zero difference ,i dunno.

p.s:
I'm not so sure it's a good idea to go that low with the nicotine as i seem to be vaping more than i did previusly.
Half a ten ml bottle into a 50 ml shortfill should give you 1.5%, or one full bottle into a 100ml shortfill. If you find you are vaping more then up your nicotine strength to 3mg and see how you get on. Nicotine gets the blame for lots of things with regards to vein narrowing, but it was all the other shit in fags that done the damage - nicotine is a bad for you as caffeine is ;)

I found this list which might help a few peeps ,it's referring to their 10ml 18mg nicotine shots which they sell for £1.50

How much Nicotine Shot should you use?

1.5mg 50ml 4.1ml
1.5mg 100ml 8.3ml

3mg 50ml 8.3ml
3mg 100ml 16.6ml

6mg 50ml 16.6ml
6mg 100ml 33.2ml

12mg 50ml 33.2ml
12mg 100ml 66.4ml

If you use e liquid at 3mg strength, you’ll need to add half a Nicotine Shot to a 30ml bottle, one nicotine shot to a 60ml bottle and two nicotine shots to a 120ml bottle. If you use 6mg strength e liquid, you’ll need to add one Nicotine Shot to a 30ml bottle, two nicotine shots to a 60ml bottle and four Nicotine Shots to a 120ml bottle. If you use e liquid at 9mg strength, you’ll need to add one Nicotine Shot to a 20ml bottle, three Nicotine Shots to a 60ml bottle and six Nicotine Shots to a 120ml bottle. And if you vape at a very low 1.5mg nicotine strength, you’ll need to add a quarter of a Nicotine Shot to a 30ml bottle, half a Nicotine Shot to a 60ml bottle and one nicotine shot to a 120ml bottle

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom