What's new

I think i messed up!

I had that problem with the v8, think the pairing of that with the baby beast isn't very well thought out. I used the v8 battery more with other tanks.

Maybe put a different drip tip on it if ever i use a tank were at my sweet spot it's getting too warm for my lips and get abit of hot spits i simply use a longer drip tip. I don't notice any reduction in flavour and it's amazing how much difference just an extra 2 or 3mm cam make.

Thank you all for the awesome feedback,

I am trying to procure the nautilus, meanwhile I have placed the baby tank on the Alien. reduced the wattage to 25 watt its giving good Flavor throat hit but still like all the rest of the baby beast Tanks on my smok v8 am getting my lips stung with heat coming from the drip tip.

Any idea if I can work around this issue without lowering the wattage?
got the airflow wide open?

I am trying to procure the nautilus, meanwhile I have placed the baby tank on the Alien. reduced the wattage to 25 watt its giving good Flavor throat hit but still like all the rest of the baby beast Tanks on my smok v8 am getting my lips stung with heat coming from the drip tip.

Check the airflow. What strength setting are you on?

Sometimes less is not always more imo.
Some tanks will severely heat up with slow ramp ups using low wattage. The air flow is there to cool the coils as well as let air in and sometimes higher wattage to achieve quicker ramp ups actually reduces the overall heat of the outside of the tank.
Try increasing the wattage and releasing the power before you stop drawing. If you still pull air through the tank at the end after stopping the power it will help cool the coil quicker stopping everything else getting too hot.

I
Maybe put a different drip tip on it if ever i use a tank were at my sweet spot it's getting too warm for my lips and get abit of hot spits i simply use a longer drip tip. I don't notice any reduction in flavour and it's amazing how much difference just an extra 2 or 3mm cam make.
ll give it a try, is the spitback from the baby tank something you managed to overcome?

Hi All,

I introduced myself earlier on this forum as the newbie!

Today was ... let's just say a bit disappointing.

I ordered my kit 17 days ago and today due to third world country processes I received it.

I have ordered two smok v8 sticks big baby tank and one Alien 220 with baby tank.

Since I am a heavy smoker I thought the the logical thing was to order tobacco Flavor liquids (a whole lot of them) After taking the advice of the seller he suggested I take the 50/50 ratio to get a good throat hit.

I primed the coil filled the tank with 6mg nicotine and let it sit for about 10 min.

First hit had me chocking (with the smok v8) the taste was horrible (Turkish tobacco Flavor my a..) with extreme disappointment and opened my second kit primed the coil and another tobacco Flavor same thing.

Not to mention both V8 had a nasty noise to its coil being heated and with a slight heat from the drip tip.

Not giving up, i opened the Alien kit with the baby tank filled it with a one of the samples (something fruity), that was 35/65 with 6mg and taraaaa! Wonderful Flavor smooth throat hit just what I needed.

So I opened the spare big baby beast tank and poured another fruity 35/65 liquid 6mg and as the one above it was shit! Very hard throat hit made puke.

Sorry for the long post!

Can't help to think I am not ready for the big baby nor the 50/50 liquid.

If anyone can help me identify where's did I screw up I would eternally grateful.
Hi there, I'm new to vaping and am not an expert. Tho, I think the reason you coughed a lot, was due to the 50-50 blend in a sub ohm tank. Reason I say this? Is because it's the pg that gives throat hit. In a sub ohm tank, they recommend using around 70 vg. Because sub ohm tanks give you a lot more vapour per hit. So if you use 70vg it will be smooth, as it's the vg that is smooth on the throat. I'm using 50/50 on my mtl tank now. Sometimes that hurts my throat. So I can imagine the throat hit for you in a sub ohm tank would be much worse. I'd recommend buying a mini nautilus mtl tank , for 50/50 blends. Will be much less harsh. Or I you only want to use sub ohm tanks, then don't buy anything with less then 70 vg and it won't be harsh on the throat.

Back
Top Bottom