What's new

SMOK Alien 220W firmware vb1.0.2 wanted

hi to all vapes
being happy with alien for two days
trying to set all in temperature mode and after 5 or 6 vapes its stop firing
trying to upgrade to ver. vb1.0.3 from smoktech with results of bricking mod
read some articles that there is a old version of vb1.0.2 where you can bring mod to life
ANY ONE GOT THE FILE OF THAT VERSION
that link its not working http://www.smoktech.com/support/upgrade/toolsandfirmware/ispalien
HEEEEEELLLLP ME PLS.

I updated my Alien 220w from VB1.0.2 to VB1.0.3. My mod started and worked ok until the screen timed out (I set it to 1 minute in the settings) and went to sleep. From that point on, the device turned off and kept flashing "VB1.0.3" once every second. I tried to reprogram, then tried to erase and reprogram and at the end downgraded back to VB1.0.2. Every time, the program tested and okayed the write. The device started and seemed to work fine until the device shut down after a minute when the screen was supposed to time out. From that point on, it kept flashing the version once every second. The following is how I fixed this. Try, and it may fix your problem too: use the cable that came with your Alien 220W. Can't stress how important this cable is(after so many unsuccessful tries, I won't be surprised if Smok is using custom data pins in their own USB cables). It was the third micro USB cable I tried and it worked. Go to http://www.smoktech.com/support/upgrade/toolsandfirmware/ispalienvb. Download your update tool from there and follow every step of the instructions exactly down to the last detail. Before hitting "Start", also check the "Config" button in addition to "APROM". Only after taking these steps(and nearly a day of unsuccessful tries) everything is finally back to the way it was. I hope it works for everyone.

hi to all vapes
being happy with alien for two days
trying to set all in temperature mode and after 5 or 6 vapes its stop firing
trying to upgrade to ver. vb1.0.3 from smoktech with results of bricking mod
read some articles that there is a old version of vb1.0.2 where you can bring mod to life
ANY ONE GOT THE FILE OF THAT VERSION
that link its not working http://www.smoktech.com/support/upgrade/toolsandfirmware/ispalien
HEEEEEELLLLP ME PLS.

so i need to know did you revert to the 1.0.2 f/w successfully from 1.0.3 bc mine WORKS with 1.0.3 but every time the screen powers off the WHOLE DAMN THING powers off and every time i want to vape i have to hit fire button 5 times and wait for it to boot up before i can vape...annoying as HELL

so i need to know did you revert to the 1.0.2 f/w successfully from 1.0.3 bc mine WORKS with 1.0.3 but every time the screen powers off the WHOLE DAMN THING powers off and every time i want to vape i have to hit fire button 5 times and wait for it to boot up before i can vape...annoying as HELL
I give up, my [emoji89] landed in the bin

I give up, my [emoji89] landed in the bin

sry to hear it, i did contact Smok but as of now they have NOT gotten back to me. mine is still under warranty so im thinking i may just RMA it. but im gonna try what @FrankieS posted first if that doesnt work and Smok doesnt get back to me i will RMA for a bad chip.

I said to myself never Smok again
Such as piece of crap

so i did manage to downgrade back to 1.0.2 but its still doing it...SIGH there is another mod the Wismec Predator which was designed as a DIRECT COMPETITOR to the alien which got better reviews and is actually cheaper... i may end up getting that one and sellling the Alien

I updated my Alien 220w from VB1.0.2 to VB1.0.3. My mod started and worked ok until the screen timed out (I set it to 1 minute in the settings) and went to sleep. From that point on, the device turned off and kept flashing "VB1.0.3" once every second. I tried to reprogram, then tried to erase and reprogram and at the end downgraded back to VB1.0.2. Every time, the program tested and okayed the write. The device started and seemed to work fine until the device shut down after a minute when the screen was supposed to time out. From that point on, it kept flashing the version once every second. The following is how I fixed this. Try, and it may fix your problem too: use the cable that came with your Alien 220W. Can't stress how important this cable is(after so many unsuccessful tries, I won't be surprised if Smok is using custom data pins in their own USB cables). It was the third micro USB cable I tried and it worked. Go to http://www.smoktech.com/support/upgrade/toolsandfirmware/ispalienvb. Download your update tool from there and follow every step of the instructions exactly down to the last detail. Before hitting "Start", also check the "Config" button in addition to "APROM". Only after taking these steps(and nearly a day of unsuccessful tries) everything is finally back to the way it was. I hope it works for everyone.

This worked for me too...THANK YOU!!!!

Hi..i am a new user here. As per my knowledge the battery door open and the fire button pressed before you connected the device to the computer - as the VB1.0.3 Firmware should simply overwrite whats there already, there shouldn't be any need for the older version.

Back
Top Bottom