What's new

Help, how do I make a blended concentrate?

Mr Numpty

Veteran
My brain has gone into meltdown tonight, sorry. If I would normally combine these concentrates, in these percentages, into a mix, can someone tell me how much of each is required to make 10mls of it as a blended concentrate. Also, if you would, please show your working, so I can do it for other blends. :D
Thanks in advance.
Cream Base.JPG

My brain has gone into meltdown tonight, sorry. If I would normally combine these concentrates, in these percentages, into a mix, can someone tell me how much of each is required to make 10mls of it as a blended concentrate. Also, if you would, please show your working, so I can do it for other blends. :D
Thanks in advance.
View attachment 121814

... your percentages come to 9.5 ... so 4ml of Barvarian Cream etc etc .. that will give you 9.5mls of concentrate. ... there's 5 different concentrates so add extra 0.1ml of each would make up the other 0.5 giving you 10ml total.

I'm not surprised your head hurts, mine does as well trying to work that out.
Won't it depend on final volume ?

... your percentages come to 9.5 ... so 4ml of Barvarian Cream etc etc .. that will give you 9.5mls of concentrate. ... there's 5 different concentrates so add extra 0.1ml of each would make up the other 0.5 giving you 10ml total.
Thank you, and I see what you mean, but what if the numbers were all different? Like 25% Bavarian and 2% Fresh Cream etc? There must be a simple formula for doing this.

I'm not surprised your head hurts, mine does as well trying to work that out.
Won't it depend on final volume ?
Dunno mate, my brain has melted tonight. :D Been a long old day.

@danb @Ment @scrumpox @Dripworx @manabush ?

If those percentages were for a final mix they would be different for 50ml as against 100ml. I really don't now how they make one shot concentrates. It's baffling !

The way to work it out would be:
Final volume needed = 10ml
Final volume from suggested amounts = 9.5ml
10 ÷ 9.5 = 1.053 (3dp)

Using this, you end up with 4.212ml, 1.053ml, 0.527ml, 2.106ml and 2.106ml; this adds up to 10.004ml, but you'd be very unlikely to achieve this accuracy, especially using syringes.

Hope that helps a bit... if I were you, I'd just mix up 9.5ml at a time! [emoji38]

So

BC 4.1 +
CF 1.1 +
MM 0.6 +
VC 2.1 +
VS 2.1 = 10
My brain may have melted, but I know that isn't correct. :D Adding 0.1ml to each would change their relative percentages.

The way to work it out would be:
Final volume needed = 10ml
Final volume from suggested amounts = 9.5ml
10 ÷ 9.5 = 1.053 (3dp)

Using this, you end up with 4.212ml, 1.053ml, 0.527ml, 2.106ml and 2.106ml; this adds up to 10.004ml, but you'd be very unlikely to achieve this accuracy, especially using syringes.

Hope that helps a bit... if I were you, I'd just mix up 9.5ml at a time! [emoji38]
I guess I could make 9.5ml or multiples of that, but I still wouldn't know how to work it out for other percentages of flavours. Thank you though, I don't mean to sound unappreciative.
What if I wanted to make 23mls of concentrate, for example?

It baffles me too so I make my blended concentrates arse about face.

I make up a recipe first & if it works I make a blended concentrate by just multiplying each ingredient by the same amount. If I try & work it out to get a specific ml then I know I would just cock it up.

I think this is a wicked one to add to our call. I think we should let @OccultScientist fry his nothing with this one. Just a check box for 'make as concentrate' or something. Put in the volume of concentrate you want and let it spit out the required amounts...

Back
Top Bottom