What's new

Dry tasting DIY

kg87

Postman
Hi guys

Quick question.

My pg/vg/NIC is fine, with other concentrates it tastes great etc, but some of the flavours I have (mainly bakery/cereals) taste.. dry?

At first i thought it was overflavoring (people using 20%) but I've made a batch at 12% and it still tastes dry (but nice if it was "wetter"). I tend to make 50/50 or 60pg/40vg

I've been using the same build in my subtank for about a year, so I know it's not that.

They're all from chefs flavours:

DOHnuts
Cheerios
Honey nut loops

Any ideas?

Are these one shots if so should be good, if there not maybe try some type of milk or cream concentrate

Are you letting them steep long enough @kg87

bakery flavours really do need 2-4 weeks minimum...

Hmm, probably not. I've ran out of most of the stuff I normally vape.

I did read, especially with DOHnuts they were pretty much shake n vape. but I guess I should wait a bit [emoji2]

Aye, give them a few weeks in the cupboard to ripen. Any custards i make get a fairwhile in the maturing drawer before I like them, not noticed a dryness, unless I've added the wrong tobacco conc to the mix.

Patience young 'un!!

You might want to ask @Jugg1es how he is getting on with adding saline to his bakery juices....

Aye, give them a few weeks in the cupboard to ripen. Any custards i make get a fairwhile in the maturing drawer before I like them, not noticed a dryness, unless I've added the wrong tobacco conc to the mix.

Patience young 'un!!

You might want to ask @Jugg1es how he is getting on with adding saline to his bakery juices....
Nope, not me. No saline in my juices
Hmm, probably not. I've ran out of most of the stuff I normally vape.

I did read, especially with DOHnuts they were pretty much shake n vape. but I guess I should wait a bit [emoji2]
The DOHnuts needs a good steep for best effect, I've found about 2 months the prime time

Who was it then who was making saline then for their juices???
I'm about to start experimenting with this...
Really think it will help enhance certain flavours.

I know that a few premium manufacturers make a point of adding a drop or two into almost every blend.

Will get back to you in a couple of weeks! [emoji1]

You can always try adding a little TPA strawberry ripe at 0.5 % to juice it up. You want taste the strawb at that percentage but it will add a little bit of sweetness and juicyness.

Saline is a great additive to add, but keep very low maybe 1 drop per 10ml, 3 drops max.
Another useful trick is adding distiller water @10% to your base.
There are a few flavours that also help, Inaweras cactus springs to mind and I'm sure there are a few more.

Back
Top Bottom