What's new

Making coils

I found Ni wire a pain to work with. These days i find im using 316l or 317l SS for my tc and power mode builds. really easy to wrap

I find making them relaxing .if u don't do it right or just for the he'll of it rip them out and start again . Practice makes perfect I'm still learning I find that the starand wire spaced works best for me and is easer than the clapton good luck and injoy

Looks like I have come to the right place. Everyone is so helpful. I think YouTube is going to be eating up my gigs

YouTube is bloody invaluable mate lo! :).

I first started building just under 4 years ago and I didn't have a clue when I started. There were limited YouTube videos back then and they weren't as easy to find as they are now either lol.

POTV and kind people here explaining things in long hand is what got me up and running :). No handy coil winding tools, etc then either too. All had to be wrapped by hand which is a royal pain in the backside when you're working with 0.15mm or 0.17mm wire and rebuilding tiny used coil heads to improve on them was EXCEPTIONALLY fiddly lo! ;). My hamfistedness has been getting steadily worse, I wouldn't be able to rebuild one of those tiny coil heads now. Eyesight isn't exactly great these days too, I wouldn't be able to see what I was doing anyway llooll :D.

There's very little as satisfying as when you've built the coils and wicked your own construction. I'm certain it tastes better when you've made the coils yourself, it's the pride in the coils that makes the juice taste more special :)

Back
Top Bottom