What's new

Fluid Momentum 18650 Sticky Button

wraith

Achiever
As per title. Button is very sticky, locks on about 80% of the time. Can usually release with a press or spin but not always and it gets warm as well. Have cleaned it scrupulously. Advice welcomed.

It's dead Jim. Send it to me. I'll dispose of it for you. No charge and I'll even pay the postage. No, don't thank me. It's just a service I offer.

Had the same problem.. Stripped it right down.. Took it all apart totally ( It does come apart spring and all ) cleaned the center post with a fine emery cloth and used some graphite powder to lubricate... Works perfect now but I know it was frustrating till I worked out what to do...
Clean the internal contacts as well if its getting warm... Chop stick with cotton wool on the end with isobutyl alcohol
I also used isobutyl alcohol to flood the switch when I had removed it from the mod.. it made it easier to disassemble
I use a Kennedy on it and condensate from the side air flow gets into the switch after a while and builds up..
Not as bad as it seems buddy............
If you need anything else just hollow..
@Rob should be aware of this as well...
@wraith

Last edited:
As always, @city461 speaks words of wisdom. I had similar issues with one of the 18500 Fluids and dismantled the switch in its entirety, thoroughly cleaned every part within an inch of its life and have had no repeat problems since.:2thumbsup:
Fiddly old job, but pays huge dividends.:)

It's dead Jim. Send it to me. I'll dispose of it for you. No charge and I'll even pay the postage. No, don't thank me. It's just a service I offer.
Innokin 134 on its way.... full service required.... no rush...cheers

As always, @city461 speaks words of wisdom. I had similar issues with one of the 18500 Fluids and dismantled the switch in its entirety, thoroughly cleaned every part within an inch of its life and have had no repeat problems since.:2thumbsup:
Fiddly old job, but pays huge dividends.:)
It is fiddly I must agree but strangely satisfying when the end result results in the switch being as smooth as a 1985 port....

Ahhhhh, NOW we are talking!! Dear Boy, have you tried the latest Stilton that is now available at Drones? Very remarkable!! ;)

Ahhhhh, NOW we are talking!! Dear Boy, have you tried the latest Stilton that is now available at Drones? Very remarkable!! ;)
I was fortunate or unfortunate depending on how you regard it to try the Fortnums Stilton and Port a few years back and now nothing comes close, not even Long Clawson or Colston Basset. Cropwell Bishop is acceptable. Not tried the Drones yet but will give it a chance this week..
The other advantage of the Fortnums is that after consumption the jar makes an excellent tool caddy and with the lid a perfect enviroment for keeping cotton in...
14804835_10155348262400558_462469881_n.jpg

I was fortunate or unfortunate depending on how you regard it to try the Fortnums Stilton and Port a few years back and now nothing comes close, not even Long Clawson or Colston Basset. Cropwell Bishop is acceptable. Not tried the Drones yet but will give it a chance this week..
The other advantage of the Fortnums is that after consumption the jar makes an excellent tool caddy and with the lid a perfect enviroment for keeping cotton in...
View attachment 107571
It is a mighty fine stilton. We received a hamper with some of the best white port I've ever tasted and some Belgian waffle biscuits that where like crack. The hamper know looks very classy filled with the dogs soft squishy toys.

Back
Top Bottom