What's new

views on tpd ready juice

It won't make any difference to who I buy from (hopefully) and yeah, I'd be willing to pay a little more if I need to

Don't think i'd ever buy 10ml bottles again, found my current range £12-25 approx per 100ml and wouldn't pay any more than that, either diy or quit probably the latter

Just for the record, TPD is irrelevant but it was transposed into UK law under the name of TRPR (Tobacco & Related Products Regulations) and it will remain on the statute books until repealed or amended.
Exiting the EU won't affect it, exit will affect many bits of legislation which will push the TRPR way down the priority list.
So, we're stuck with it. Vapers and juice makers alike. It's already tough for all the bona fide juice makers and some have given up which is very sad.

My answer to the question posed is yes, I will continue using my two favourite juice suppliers who have both fully complied with everything they have needed to do now and for the future.
I may mix more of my own juice and I may purchase only zero nic ready made from my juice suppliers.
As for so-called black market suppliers wouldn't touch any of them with a barge pole. After quitting tobacco, I value my health!

IMHO any attempt to comply with the TPD is just going to create a massive black market, possibly leading to unsafe juices becoming available as dodgy people see a way to make a quick buck. If 0% nicotine juice isn't covered by the TPD then the logical route is to buy this and add your own nicotine. I'm sure it won't be hard to find nicotine. I really can't see the government diverting resources from finding heroin and cocaine to hunting nicotine smugglers!

I survive mostly on DIY these days, but the juices I love and buy now I will keep buying. They're worth it. :)

I'm sure it won't be hard to find nicotine.
It won't be hard to find, but it will be in 10ml bottles and no stronger than 20mg/ml as I understand it. From legal sources at least. Might want to stock up a little before the chop.

@gesus1980 I believe lots of bravado is currently being spouted by people who believe the TPD will not affect them or who hope to circumvent it, however I believe in most cases this is unfounded... people believing that the laws will be repealed as we are due to leave the EU etc... most companies will comply or will cease trading .. the negative consequences for not doing so are more of a risk than most will be willing to take however ideologically opposed to the rules many manufacturers and vendors may be...

Don't think i'd ever buy 10ml bottles again, found my current range £12-25 approx per 100ml and wouldn't pay any more than that, either diy or quit probably the latter

These 100ml ranges just aren't going to be available, unless its black market trade or as some have said 0nic

I may be mistaken but isn't nic now limited to 32mg/ml instead of the 72mg it was? If so this is a blessing in disguise for a loop hole. Sell bottles of 'concentrate' and then stock and sell only 1 nicotine flavour, plain. That's 1 thing that need to be TPD compliant. Sell these as nic shots, do multiples of 100ml combined sales and then have the nic shots watered down to 30mg/ml. 90ml concentrate and 1 shot is 3mg 80ml and 2 is 6mg and so on.
That seems like the best option as its a completely legal Fuck you!

I may be mistaken but isn't nic now limited to 32mg/ml instead of the 72mg it was? If so this is a blessing in disguise for a loop hole. Sell bottles of 'concentrate' and then stock and sell only 1 nicotine flavour, plain. That's 1 thing that need to be TPD compliant. Sell these as nic shots, do multiples of 100ml combined sales and then have the nic shots watered down to 30mg/ml. 90ml concentrate and 1 shot is 3mg 80ml and 2 is 6mg and so on.
That seems like the best option as its a completely legal Fuck you!

It's 20 mg/mL. Realistically 18 mg/mL to ensure the limit is not accidentally exceeded by a small error. The 20 mg/mL limit has been in force in France for at least a couple of years already, and the highest you can get there is 18 mg/mL.

Yes, the DIY "salt 'n' shake" approach is appealing, but I fear it is a short term solution that will ultimately be controlled - I predict that it won't be long until concentrates and zero nic get sucked into the TPD, much like the FDA has done in the USA. Hopefully the UK will go the other direction.

Back
Top Bottom